Chapter 51

Onika's POV
Home
October 17

"Zamora?" I called out from downstairs.

I waited a few minutes before she came running down the stairs. Her shoes were on wrong and her hair was messed up.

"Zamora Grace, what happened to you?"

"I was dancing in my room." She cheesed and took her shoes off. I cracked a smile as she fixed them. "My dance teacher told me to try learn a dance for my next lesson."

"How has that been going for you?" I turned to the mirror in the hallway, adjusting my own look. I was fixing my half-up half-down

"I know the whole dance, mommy." She chirped, standing up straight once her shoes were on right.

I smiled down at her and we walked towards the front door. Since we were only going to Beyoncé's house.

Beyoncé was the one that convinced me to sign Zamora up for dance. That was my life now. Watching her dance and cooking.

I guided her out of the house, locking the door behind myself. When I handed her my car keys, she ran to the car and unlocked it.

She was big enough to get in her seat by herself, and buckle it. But I still buckled it for her because I wanted to be sure that she was good.

"Any song recommendations?" I asked, buckling my own seatbelt. I adjusted my rear view mirror and my seat.

"Umm..." She thought for a few seconds as I started up my car. "All About U."

"You're just like your mommy." I smiled, after her suggestion. She loved rap music just as much as me. It was the best genre of music.

I connected my phone to the car and turned the song on for her. She continued to suggest other songs, which happened to be in the same playlist.

We rapped the whole way there. Beyoncé's security let me through and I drove up her driveway. I parked between Kelly's car and Solange's car.

Before I got the chance to turn my car off, the front door opened. Destiny and Titan came running out.

I smiled and turned my car off, whilst opening the car door. I grabbed my purse and climbed out. Destiny practically tackled me, along with Titan.

"I haven't seen you in like a week, bestie." She squeezed me.

"Calm down." I choked, then we both burst out laughing. "Now let go. I need to get my daughter out of this dam- dang car."

I almost cussed, before remembering that Titan was there.

He didn't even wait for me to reach back. He opened the door to Zamora's side. She'd already unbuckled herself, so she just hopped straight out.

They both ran inside and I locked my car.

Destiny linked her arm with mine. We walked into the house and I placed my bag on the table in the foyer.

"By the way, Bey's in the kitchen." Destiny whispered to me. "In case that's where you were trying to go first."

"It doesn't matter. I need to steal her juice." I explained. She shrugged and we walked towards the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen, she smiled in my direction. I briefly smiled before I walked straight to the fridge. I moved some of the drinks, looking for something specific.

"Nicki." She called my name.

"Yes, Beyoncé."

"How are you?" She leaned on the counter, looking over at me.

"Good."

"You look nice."

"Thanks."

"I'd like to say sorry for what I did." She apologised again. She had been apologising every time that we had been together.

I said I'd keep her at arms lengths, but we all know that wasn't happening.

I sighed and looked over at her before going back to searching the fridge. "I accept your apology."

Although what she did was weird, it was hard to stay mad at her. Beyoncé was a very genuine person. Her intentions weren't ill, she was just being dumb.

Once I got what I wanted, we headed down to the cinema room. I ended up walking past a bunch of kids. I saw Trent, Reginae, DJ and a bunch of other kids.

They were in the fun games room, near the movie room.

I didn't bother hiding the carton as I went to my favourite seat. Solange was sat in the front, next to Beyoncé.

In the row behind them, I sat between Destiny and Kelly.

"What are we watching?" Kelly asked.

"My favourite." Beyoncé briefly explained, whilst setting the movie up.

"She wants to be mysterious so bad." Destiny mumbled causing Kelly and I to start laughing. Beyoncé turned and gave us all death glares.

We kept laughing as she glared at us.

"Hurry up." Solange spoke. I could see her phone from where I was sitting and I could see Robyn sending her selfies.

"Hold on." Beyoncé finished setting the movie up.

She sat down in her seat and the lights to the movie room automatically turned off. I started drinking Beyoncé's juice.

I stole popcorn from Destiny throughout the movie, since I forgot to get my own. Then I stole some chocolate from Kelly.

As the movie played, I could hear giggling. It was Solange, still using her phone. I looked over to where Beyoncé was and she was mugging the hell out of her sister.

When we reached the halfway mark of the movie, Beyoncé paused it. She said it was time for an intermission.

All the kids came running into the cinema room, disrupting the quiet. I found out the other kids were Beyoncé's younger cousins.

The boys went to the back of the movie room and raided the candy cabinet and drinks bar. Luckily Beyoncé only kept juice and soft drinks in here.

The girls were at the front, dancing. There wasn't any music playing. They were just dancing.

I smiled and pulled my phone out to record my baby. I'm so glad that I signed her up for dance because she really knows how to express herself.

After about ten minutes of the intermission, Beyoncé kicked the kids out and started the movie again.

We finished watching it and it had to be the worst thing I'd ever seen.

"That was raw sh-"

"Shut up, Solange." Beyoncé stopped her sister from speaking.

"She's right." Kelly chuckled, standing up.

"Y'all are never invited here again." She folded her arms.

We all left the room and I went straight back to the kitchen.

"Is that my juice?" Beyoncé gasped, noticing the carton in my hand. I looked down and my eyes widened.

"Bey, it's not what it l-"

"Come outside." She tied her hair up. "I want to fight you."

I started cackling and she tried not to crack a smile. Then I remembered I couldn't be too friendly with her straight after accepting her apology. So I dropped my smile.

"I'm going home." I turned. "And I'm taking your juice with me."

I heard Beyoncé sigh as I walked away. I gathered my things and called Zamora.

🩷🩷🩷

Thoughts?