Chapter Eleven

I yawned as my alarm went off and I got up from my bed to turn it off.

There were no classes for a week, so I've just been living with Kirill again until school starts back up again for May.

Kirill groaned as he rubbed his eyes while he sat upright. He didn't have a shirt on, and his blonde hair portrayed bedhead pretty damn well.

I chuckled. "You must've slept well," I mentioned.

He rolled his eyes. "You and your 'early morning routine' have gotten my sleep schedule all...fucked up," he muttered with a smile on his face.

"Love you too," I said as I pulled out one of Kirill's shirts from one of his drawers out of his dresser.

I glanced at my phone and read the date in front of the picture of Kirill and I outside of Xcel Energy Center from March. April 26th—Kirill's birthday.

I smirked as I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye, him slowly getting up and raising the blinds just a bit as those upper torso muscles flexed against the radiating sunlight. I blushed at this sight; it was just too mesmerizing to not witness that.

I had errands to run in the morning, one of them being getting a small cake for the birthday boy who's going to be twenty-five later today. Another errand was grabbing a present for him, which I was thinking of a bottle of wine and a box of Russian chocolate.

"I'm gonna go run around for a bit. Do you need anything?" I asked Kirill as he turned to look at me.

He shrugged. "I don't think so," he said. "Where are you going?"

I hesitated. "I need to go to the mall to grab some things. I've been wanting a new pair of summer sandals for a while now, and now's the time to do it," I told him.

He chuckled. "Okay. I'll see you—why are you wearing that?" He interrupted as I tossed off the shirt I was wearing and tossed on his Russian hockey shirt.

I glanced down. "Oh, I thought this was my shirt. Whoops," I lied with a smirk.

He rolled his eyes as he brushed my shoulder while he went to walk to the bathroom.

I sighed as I threw on a pair of jeans, then tossed on a sweatshirt from the floor.

"Kenzie?" Kirill asked from the bathroom.

I groaned as I walked over to the closed door. "What do you need?" I asked him. "Are you doing alright?"

The door slightly opened and he poked his head out. "I'm fine. I just realized I need more of this smelly armpit stuff," he said as he showed me his bottle of empty deodorant.

"Deodorant," I told him. "It's called deodorant. It's on the bottle."

He rolled his eyes. "Dezodorant," he muttered with a smile. "Anyways, I need more. Thank you!" He exclaimed before shutting the door again.

I groaned again as I walked back to the bedroom to grab my phone and get my purse ready for the quick run.

I walked out of the bedroom freshened up before grabbing an unfamiliar looking yogurt cup. It was all in Russian, but it had a strawberry and blueberry on it.

"Looks good enough," I said before opening it and grabbing a spoon.

Kirill walks out into the living room and looks outside. He finally put a shirt on, one of his workout shirts that the Wild had given him.

I ate my Russian yogurt and on the first bite, I noticed that it was really sweet. My face scrunched up at the sudden bitter sweetness, but the aftertaste made up for it.