Chapter Twenty-Two

I haven't made my way to Xcel Energy Center since opening night against the Avalanche, which was also the same night Kirill got ejected for fighting.

Part of the reason for not coming back to the X was because of the ejection, as well as being extremely busy with school. Senior year of college was by far one of the most challenging years of my entire school career, and it was bound to get worse from here.

However, today was a special day, and luckily, the Wild were wrapping up a homestand with a game tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Today officially marked one year of Kirill and I being in a relationship. I'm not sure if Kirill even knows that it's today, or if he realizes the importance of today. So, I've decided that I would make my way to Saint Paul and watch the boys play their game against the Blackhawks in celebration.

Just for fun, I decided to make a funny sign like all the little kids do when they want a puck or stick.

He will love this. I thought as I admired my sign. It was a neon green poster with "Kirill, I'll trade my jersey for a puck and picture" in Russian, hopefully grabbing his attention while he's out practicing.

At about five, I drove down to Xcel Energy Center to get a decent parking spot and so I could get in early. One of the perks of having a player pass—you didn't have to wait in line and you get free parking!

I went through security, and soon enough I was walking around on the main level concourse to find a good seat.

While I was waiting for general admission to open, I decided to finish reading a chapter of a good book that I was currently reading. It was about this teenager getting lost in the Ural Mountains, and she had to find a way to survive the harsh Russian winter. The setting almost hits close to home, as Minnesota winters can get real bad. Though we don't have mountains, we have hills!

As people came filing down the stairs on the main level, I took the opportunity to make my way down to the glass and put the poster on the glass by the penalty box.

A young boy and his mom came to stand next to me. He was wearing a green Wild cap and a Reverse Retro Kaprizov jersey, and so was his mom. He had a sign that read "I'll trade candy for a puck Kirill", which was really heart-warming to say the least. I loved seeing signs by little kids to try and get a puck or two.

The boy glanced up at me. "What does your sign say?" He asked.

I smiled as I showed him what was on my sign and told him the translation.

"That's a lot for a puck," he responded, and his mom nodded her head in agreement.

I shrugged. "Anything to get his attention," I giggled, and he started to laugh as well.

More fans came down to the ice and held their signs on the glass, before eventually the players came out and started practicing.

"Boldy!" Some screamed.

"Ryan!" Another group of people yelled.

"Kirill!" Lots of people yelled, including me.

Kirill glanced over towards me and the young boy by me, and I thought I saw him slip up a smirk. Though I didn't know who it was for, he did smile.

He skated over to us and gave a puck to the young boy through the small hole in the glass.

"I don't need candy, but you can have that," he said before glancing up at me. He smirked again, then skated away to the dressing room again.

The boy's face perfectly portrayed what I wanted for that youngster. Ecstasy, excitement, and a thrilling smile.

"Congrats!" I exclaimed.