Chapter Thirty-One

"I don't like...uh, talk myself about me, you know? I like more when...people talking about me,"
— Kirill Kaprizov

I wasn't able to go to any of Kirill's hockey games in November and early to mid December since I was busy taking care of Lydia while he was gone and I was going back to work. I've also been battling with acute postpartum depression, which Kirill tries his absolute best to help me in any way possible, especially if I'm leaning myself away from our daughter.

However, my streak of not attending any Wild games ends tonight, as I was planning on going with Story and Anthony to tonight's game against the Colorado Avalanche. For good reason, as today officially marked three years of Kirill and I being together. So, I was going to the game to celebrate, as well as taking Lydia to watch her father out on the ice for the first time, all while meeting some new people that I haven't had word with in a long time.

Mats Zuccarello and his family kindly bought Lydia a tiny Wild jersey with Kirill's last name and number on the back.

Speaking of Mats, his daughter and Lydia already have had a few play dates. They seem to like each other a lot, even if Lydia is only a month and a half old!

I threw on a comfortable yet cute white Wild sweater and matched it with a pair of black skinny jeans. I put on some black ankle boots, then I got Lydia ready for the big day.

"Is Dad going to score today?" I said in my baby voice as I changed Lydia's diaper.

She showed no emotion. Probably because she didn't care that I was changing her diaper, even though it stunk pretty bad from her pooping during her nap time.

I chuckled. "Okay, I guess we chose to be sassy today,"

She giggled in response. Oh, but she responds to her being sassy. I wonder where she gets that from.

"All better!" I exclaimed after I stuck the wing of the diaper to the front side. She giggled again, then I lifted her up and got her dressed.

After the two of us were ready to head over to the Xcel Energy Center for the hockey game, I loaded Lydia into her car seat and we were eventually off to Saint Paul.

I had to go pick both Story and Anthony up at a mutual location, so that we could walk in together and get our seats together.

I saw them waiting outside of the one hockey bar in downtown Saint Paul. I pulled over to the side of the road and put my car into park.

Before the couple got into my vehicle, Lydia had started to cry. For what reason is up for speculation, but Lydia definitely chose the wrong time to start crying when I could see the Xcel Energy Center down the road and I was having a friend and her boyfriend get into my vehicle.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, shh," I calmly said as I gently stuck the pacifier in her mouth. She started sucking on it, then she had calmed down, but her face was still red as a tomato.

I smiled.

Story and Anthony both got into the car, Story being in the passenger seat and Anthony being in the back by Lydia.

"Long time no see," Story mentioned with a smile.

I chuckled. "You're telling me. I've just been so busy, you know?" I told her.

She giggled. "Oh yeah? First, you and Kirill are engaged, then he got you pregnant, then you have a daughter together, what's next? Oh yeah, you two are getting married in a few months," she said with a smirk on her face.

I rolled my eyes. "Actually, if you think about it, Lydia wasn't supposed to happen," I told her.

Her eyes widened in shock. "So you just accepted the fact that Kirill got you pregnant? How'd he take the news?" She asked.