Chapter Thirty-Two

"But I knew you, playin' hide and seek and giving me a weakened eye. I knew you, your heartbeat on the high line, once in twenty lifetimes, I...and when I felt like I was an old cardigan under someone's bed...you put me on and said I was your favorite,"
— Taylor Swift

"I do." I responded as the blue speckles in Kirill's hazel eyes glistened against the sunlight shining through the large bay window. His smile widened briefly before the pastor gave him my diamond wedding ring.

He slips the ring on my finger, then I did the same thing for him when the pastor gave me his wedding band.

We both gazed into each other's eyes, our gleeful smiles adding detail to the wondrous and eventful time that was our wedding ceremony.

We had a fair amount of guests at the venue, including both of our families, some friends, and even most of the entire Minnesota Wild hockey team. We were in for a fun night—especially if it meant that Kirill was going to be coming home wasted and exhausted, all while his teammates were just having fun with him on his important day.

"You may now kiss the bride," the pastor said to Kirill, whose smile widened larger on the instruction.

He chuckled once, his voice deep, before putting his hand on my cheek and bringing our faces together for our first kiss as a married couple.

As I was closing my eyes, I wrapped my arms around his neck while the crowd roared with applause and excitement, further amplifying the mood of the entire kiss. He lurched over, causing me to go backwards while still holding onto his strong, broad neck. He maneuvered his hand to create support so I wouldn't fall, all the while he continued to make this moment last forever.

He lifted his face while he still had complete control over me. He smiled again before lifting me back to my feet and I was standing upright once again.

The crowd was on their feet, clapping as Kirill and I looked at each other.

I glanced back at my mom, and Lydia was even ecstatic, having the cutest little smile that I have seen on her face. Typically she smiles all the time much like her father, but it's up to speculation whether she was genuinely happy a majority of those times. This, however, was a genuine smile.

Kirill winced before lifting his bent arm, telling me nonverbally that he was ready for our arms to be locked while taking our first walk as a married couple.

"Everyone, Kirill and McKenzie Kaprizov!" The pastor exclaimed, and soon the music started to play as more applause and cheering came from our audience.

I briefly glanced back up at Kirill, who returned his smile of pure affection and joy right back at me.

I looked back out to the aisle and continued walking slowly with my now-husband. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that Kirill was now mine forever, tied by a verbal promise, two rings, and our never-ending love we've had since the very beginning.

Immediately after the ceremony were pictures.

Story and Anthony, who are actually now engaged as well, approached me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as Story brought me into a hug.

"Hi!" She responded. "Congratulations! I'm very proud of you," she said as she let go.