Chapter Thirty

"And you're not gonna reach my telephone. We're sorry, the number you have reached is not in service at this time.  Please check the number, or try your call again."
— Lady Gaga and Beyoncé

I decided to make my way up to Toronto with Kirill and the rest of the Wild for their game against the Maple Leafs tonight.

We're closing in on October, and the Wild were holding a steady record of 8-3-1. The Maple Leafs, on the other hand, were doing not-so-great with a record of 4-6-2. But there still was plenty of season left, so they very well could be in the playoff talks about them in February, and them being first round exits per usual as it comes with the Maple Leafs. Who am I kidding, the Wild do the same shit in the first round.

I had gotten a hotel room near ScotiaBank Arena, and I got a room with a pretty good view of downtown Toronto. It was practically love at first sight. Perhaps more than how much I had fallen for Kirill that first day we met in person!

The day in Toronto was dreary, being cloudy, cold, and just overall an extremely depressing mood. Hopefully the day would get better with a Minnesota Wild win.

As I was making some lunch for myself, which was just a microwaveable bowl of easy mac and cheese, I felt one of those sharp pains you get every so often in the stomach to the point where you can hardly breathe.

My smile tightened as it continued to pierce the left side of my stomach, but then by the grace of God, it abruptly stopped and I could finish putting the water into the bowl.

"God damn," I muttered as I stuck the bowl into the microwave and heated it up for the instructed amount of time.

The same kind of pains continued occurring throughout the day, so I took a couple of ibuprofen to hopefully help ease the stabbing, piercing pains in my stomach and chest area.

As I was getting ready to head over to ScotiaBank Arena for the hockey game, the worst pain I have ever had in my life flashed before me. I honestly felt like someone had kicked me so hard it took the breath out of me, and they continuously beat me up.

I dialed Kirill's number, hoping that he'd know a solution to my never-ending torture that had been occurring all day long.

It kept ringing, ringing, and ringing.

No response.

I grunted at another stabbing pain and redialed his number.

No response.

I groaned and decided that it was time to call 9-1-1. The ibuprofen wasn't working, Kirill wasn't answering me, I was in Canada, and I had no other options to get me out of this godforsaken misery.

The operator picked up and I told her what was going on. She asked for the address, so I told her what hotel I was at and what room I was in.

"The ambulance is on its way, just stay on the line for me until it gets here," the operator commanded, and I complied.

Then I realized what time it was.

Of course Kirill wasn't going to be able to answer. He was getting ready to play tonight.

I coughed, which only made my pain even worse than it already was.

Within a few minutes, I could hear sirens wailing louder and louder.

Then my ears rang and rang, before I eventually couldn't hear or see anything.

I had blacked out.

@MNWildPR : Kirill Kaprizov left tonight's game for unknown reasons. It is unknown if he will return to the game. Forward Matthew Boldy will replace his spot.