Chapter 13 'Don't Feel the Same'

Saige's POV

Today Mari and I are actually going out together, for the first time since we've been here. We're heading out to get our nails done first, something I haven't done in forever.

"So, what's up with you and Wesley? You're a thing?" She asked on our way there.

"I guess so," I said.

"What do you mean you guess so?"

"It was bound to happen, you know that. I was hoping he waited for me, but I haven't told him that."

"I knew it! I knew there was something wrong with you and Elijah the first day you saw him! I always knew you guys would end up together somehow."

"Don't even talk about Elijah. I can't believe he even did that. What a douche," I muttered. We arrived at the nail salon just in time for people to be leaving. We were close to the only ones in there, so it was nice and relaxing. We decided to get both our toes and fingers done since we had plenty of time and there weren't many people there.

"We need to go get new outfits to match our nails now," Mari, the more girly one of us, insisted. When we were done and our nails had dried, we drove off to the mall. We went to Victoria's Secret first. Mariana needed a new bikini, but that didn't stop her from picking up a new bra and panties too.

"I'm gonna look for some sunglasses over there," I told her, heading over to the other store right across from Victoria's Secret. It was an accessory store. Not to mention it was cheap. I was looking in a mirror at a pair of sunglasses when I heard someone say my name. That voice sent chills down my spine, and I only hoped it was my imagination.

"Saige?" I heard again. I got the courage to turn around, and I saw him.

"Hi, Elijah," I coldly said. I'm not one to hold grudges, or even have a mean spirit, but I couldn't help but feel extremely pissed when I saw him.

"What's up?"

"What's it to you?"

"Look, I just want to talk, Saige. I know you blocked my number, and I honestly feel horrible," he said.

"I don't think it'd be very appropriate if we talked right now. I'm out with Mari, and she'll be looking for me soon," I explained.

"Can we talk sometime soon? I just want you to know that I feel awful. It was a drunken mistake, and I would have never done that if I'd known what I was doing."

"Maybe we can talk later. I already forgave you Elijah. I just don't know if I could ever accept you back."

"Saige, I love you! You don't understand," he pleaded. Did he just say it? I refuse to listen. He's playing me. He's trying to make me feel bad. It can't be true.

"I'm sorry, Elijah, but I don't feel the same way," I told him.

"I knew it," he chuckled, "you love Wesley," he said.

"Maybe I do, maybe I don't. Whether or not, he was there for me when you cheated on me. Can I remind you again that it was in my house, on my bed?"

"I told you I'm sorry! It was a mistake! I just want you back," he whispered pleadingly.

"I can't- I'm sorry," I whispered, slowly turning to walk away from him. I don't want him anymore. He cheated. I'm not sure I ever liked him the way I thought. Maybe he was a distraction because Wesley wasn't around. Whatever it was, I've moved on. But I couldn't say I didn't feel any sorrow towards him because I did feel bad that I left him standing there, alone, wanting to talk.

"Saige?" Mari asked, snapping in front of my face. I must've been zoned out.

"Oh, what's up?"

"What happened back there? And why are you crying?" I wasn't crying, was I? I wiped under my eyes and sure enough there were tears.

"I ran into Eli," I sighed.

"Oh I am gonna b-"

"He's gone. I told him I wasn't interested anymore. I just feel bad," I admitted.