Chapter 28 'I Love You'

Saige's POV

I scrubbed my body, making sure I felt clean after last night. I looked at my neck in the mirror and decided to put makeup over the marks Wesley left. I finished getting myself ready and went downstairs. I heard people talking downstairs, so I slowly crept to see who it was.

"Did you get some last night?"

"Hell yeah I did. It was amazing for her first time! What about you and Mari?"

"It wasn't our first, but I got some last night," Drew said cockily. I cannot believe Wes is telling him this!

"What'd you get last night?" I interrupted, fully coming down the stairs and into their view. They looked at each other and then at me.

"I got some new kind of beer to try. It's pretty good," Drew covered. I rolled my eyes at Wesley and stormed out the door. I told him I didn't want him talking about our sex life to Drew. He knows it's personal to me, and I can't believe he would go and flaunt it like it's nothing.

"Saige! Wait! What's wrong?" He hustled after me. He touched my shoulder to turn me around, but I smacked him away.

"You think I'm oblivious? You were talking about last night to him! That was a special night, and then you go and talk about it like it was nothing."

"Saige, it was special to me, too. I didn't mean to upset-"

"Forget it, Wesley. You'll never change. You score with a girl and flaunt it to all your friends. That's just how you are."

"I'm sorry, Saige. Please-"

"No, I'm sorry. I should've known."

I turned back around and went into my house. I slammed the door and went straight up to my room. I could have seen the knock on my door coming, but it wasn't who I expected it to be. I figured it was Mari, so I let them in. It was Wesley.

"I'm not leaving you angry at me. We're going to work this out right now. I know you don't like leaving arguments open, so we're fixing it, and I'm not leaving until we do."

"Look, Wesley, I didn't mean what I said. I had no place to bring up your past like that. I'm just upset that you would talk about me like I'm some sort of prize you won saying you 'got some'. That makes me think it's the only thing you wanted from me."

"You had every right to bring up my past. It was private, and I should've known you didn't want me talking about that. I know sorry isn't enough and never will be, but I don't know how else to tell you how bad I feel. Sex is definitely NOT the only thing I want from you, Saige. I love you, Saige Reese Jackson. I love you. When was the last time you ever heard me tell a girl that? Saige, I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you. You mean so much to me and everyone else. I'm so sorry."

"Wesley, just stop before you make me cry," I chuckled, pulling myself into his chest. I hugged his body tight as he squeezed my body against his. He pecked my forehead, and in that moment, I knew I made the right choice in loving Wesley Trent Stromberg.