Chapter 31 'Still'

Saige's POV

It's been two days, and Wesley is still in a coma. They aren't sure why he isn't waking up. I'm so stressed and worried right now. I can't even look at his body laying there, lifeless, without crying up a storm.

"You need to go home, Saige. It isn't doing you any good to sit here and stare at him. Wesley's strong. He'll wake up, I promise, and I'll call you as soon as he does," Drew insisted.

"But I want to be here when he wakes up. I can't leave him. I shouldn't have left him alone in the car. It's my fault this happened. It should've been me," I cried.

"No, Saige! Don't say that! He'd be in a worse state if that were you on that bed. It would kill him. Please don't blame yourself," he begged.

"I just want him to wake up," I sobbed. He pulled me into his chest and calmed me down. He cooed things into my ear to help me control my crying. I probably looked like such a baby crawled up in his chest. Drew finally convinced me to leave for a little while.

"Could you give me a couple minutes alone with him before I leave?" I asked Drew. Keaton left about an hour ago, but he was coming back. He left the room, and I was there alone with him.

"Wesley, please stay with us. I don't know what I'd do if you died. You mean everything to me. I remember when we were little, you always having the biggest crush on me, and I was too damn scared to admit that I was so in love with you, Wesley. I'm still in love with you. Please, please come back," I cried silently. I kissed his head and stood up. I was about to leave, but I heard a grunt.

"Wesley?"

"W-wate-r," he croaked out. I rushed to his side and hugged him. I can't believe he woke up! I hurried to get a nurse, who brought him water. She gave him some medicine, and checked his vitals.

"Press this emergency button if you need anything," the nurse insisted before leaving. Drew and Keaton quickly filed in the room when the nurse left. They talked to him for forever, even though he could barely say anything back.

"We're going to go get him some food, you stay here," they both told me. I agreed to stay with him.

"Saige?"

"What happened in that car Wesley? Who hit you?"

"E-Eli," he stuttered.