Chapter 36 'Separate Ways'

Saige's POV

I still haven't told Wesley that I'm pregnant. I'm so scared that he'll leave me and abandoned the child. I don't want that to happen. I don't think he's ready for a kid yet. He's got his whole career ahead of him, and he won't want a baby to hold him down.

Mari is making me tell him, though. I have to tell him today, or she said she would do it. I can't let him hear it from someone else.

It's now or never. I walked over to his house and knocked on the door. I waited a couple seconds until I heard someone on the other side. It opened, and Wesley appearing in the doorway.

"Hey, Saige! Come in," he greeted rather suspiciously, "why'd you knock? You never knock."

"Actually, can we talk somewhere private? Like our spot?"

"Yeah, is everything okay?"

"I just have something to tell you," I sighed.

"I actually have something to tell you too," he said. We walked out to his car and drove to our spot. I held his hand on the way. He smiled sadly over at me a few times, making me wonder what he needed to tell me.

Since this could potentially be my last time with Wesley as a couple, I decided I'd better make the best of it.

We got to our spot, and neither of us were in a hurry to tell each other our news. We took a seat by the rocks. It was silent for awhile, the only sound being heard was the waves crashing against the sides of the rocks.

"What were you going to tell me?"

"You tell me first," I insisted. He took a deep breath before talking.

"The guys and I, we're going on tour soon," he paused.

"How soon?"

"Three weeks," he whispered. I knew this was coming. I can't tell him now. I can't tell him I'm pregnant. He'll never stay with me.

"So what does that mean?" He looked over at me and shrugged. I didn't want to cry, and I didn't mean to cry, but I did.

"I think we should take a break for awhile. I don't want you tied down while I'm gone," he added.

"What?"

"We shouldn't see each other for awhile," he clarified. I felt my heart break into a million pieces. I didn't even have to tell him I was pregnant, and he broke up with me.

"Okay," I whispered. I stood up and looked back at him once more before leaving. That was the only time I looked back. I had fallen in love with him, only for him to break my heart. Why didn't I like the word love, Wesley? You're the reason, now. Why did you have to make me fall?