Chapter 24 'Not Ready'

Saige's POV

"I'll be back," I told them. I downed another drink before going over to him. The girl was still there, so I took a seat right on his lap. She gave me an annoyed look, but I didn't care. He wasn't cheating on me, and I would make sure of it.

"Hey, baby," he greeted. He held me onto his lap and kissed the back of my neck.

"Come dance with me," I giggled to Wesley. We all know from the first party, I can't control myself when I'm drunk, and that's not a good thing. He got up, and without saying anything to the other girl, he followed me to the dance floor. Wesley and I danced, as I giggled and stumbled on the dance floor.

"You're hot when you're drunk," he chuckled. I was grinding up against him, and he was gripping my waist. I turned to face him and leaned up to his ear.

"You're hot all the time. Do you think there's a vacant bedroom somewhere?" I seductively whispered. He had no hesitation in grabbing my hand and leading me up the stairs. The first two bedrooms were locked. We went to the one in the end of the hall and locked it.

"I love you," I giggled drunkenly.

"I love you too, babe," he winked. We hadn't even reached the bed yet and our lips were attacking each other. He hungrily deepened the kiss right away.

"Jump," he mumbled against my lips. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist. He held me close, not breaking our lips, and walked us to the bed. He gently laid me down and crawled on top of me after throwing his shirt off.

"It would've been hotter if I took your shirt off," I breathed jokingly. He chuckled and reached for the hem of my shirt. He didn't hesitate this time. He stared at my chest for awhile before attacking my neck with kisses too. He knew he found my sweet spot when a little moan slipped out between my slightly parted lips.

He moved his trail further down, stopping at the waistline of my pants each time. He slid them down a little, so he could get his trail right above where I wanted him most. He came back up to my face to kiss my lips again. He traveled his hand to my back to the clasp of my bra. He looked up and me for reassurance, and I just giggled and nodded.

"You're so gorgeous," he mumbled, kissing my chest. He was moving further down, and as soon as he touched the first button on my pants, the door handle twisted on the door. He stopped his actions and dropped his head.

"Saige! Wesley! Please come out," we heard.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, grabbing my clothes.

"Me too," he sighed. He threw his shirt back on, and we opened the door. Mari was standing there with a worried expression on her face.

"What's wrong Mari?"

"I couldn't let you do it, Saige," she sighed.

"What do you mean?" I looked up at Wesley confused.

"We both know what you guys were doing, and I know you're not ready! You're drunk, Saige. You would've regretted it."

"This is none of your business, Mariana. Let's go, Wesley," I said. Why does she think she has the right to do that?

"Wesley, I'm honestly sorry about that. She doesn't know what I'm ready for. I love you, and I would not have regretted a second of it with you," I sighed, most of the soberness washing over me. We were walking out to his car, so we could leave.

"It's okay, Saige. She was just looking out for you. You would have told me if you weren't ready yet, right? I don't want to rush you into anything."

"Wesley, I would have told you, trust me. We've both known Mari for a long time, and I don't know what came over her." He held my hand as we drove home, rubbing his thumb on the back of my hand. I can't help but feel a little guilty about blowing up on Mari. I know she was trying to protect me, but she knows both Wesley and I, and she knows he would never force me to do anything I didn't want to do.

"You wanna crash at my place?" Wesley asked.

"Yeah, sure," I sighed.

"Hey, don't let it get to you. I'm not mad or upset, and you shouldn't be either. I know it was our privacy, but she just wanted to protect you. It's alright."

"Thanks, Wesley." We went inside, and it didn't take long for me to fall asleep with his presence next to me.