Chapter 15 'Brunch'

Saige's POV

"Hey babe, your phone is going off," I was woken up to Wesley cooing in my ear. He shook my body lightly until I fully opened my eyes.

"They can call back later," I groaned.

"It's your dad," he leisurely said, making me shoot up wide awake. I realized I haven't called him this week.

"Here," I complained, indicating him to throw me my phone. He handed it to me and I quickly slid the button over to answer it.

Me - Hey, Dad! Sorry I didn't call. I got busy, and I sort of forgot.

Dad- It's okay honey! I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. How's Mari and Elijah, and, most importantly, my house?

Me- Oh, Mari is good. Eli, I'm not sure. We aren't seeing each other anymore. The house is fine, Dad.

Dad- What happened? Did he do something to you?

Me- It's nothing! Don't worry about it. Guess who I ran into, though!

Dad- Let me guess, Wesley?

Me- How'd you know?

Dad- You talked about him before the trip, and you seem all happy now. I know you too well.

Wesley must've heard, and he chuckled in the background. I lightly slapped him and told him to be quiet incase my dad heard. He would never approve of me staying the night with a boy. That's why I always snuck out with Wesley.

Dad- Was that him? Are you up and ready this early? You didn't stay the night with him, did you?

Me- Dad, it's fine. I'm fine! It was just the TV! You know I wouldn't go against your rules! But I have to go now! I love you! I promise I won't forget to call next week!

Dad- Okay, love you too! Bye!

"I hate you," I mumbled to Wesley when I ended the phone.

"Oh, he has no idea. Plus, would it really kill him if his princess was staying with his favorite boy, Wesley?"

"It's true, he did love you," I chuckled. My dad was always fond of Wesley, but he never approved of anyone when it came to me staying the night with them.

"But what does he mean you talked about me before coming? Why didn't you tell me you were coming if you remembered I lived here?"

"I thought you'd be over me by now," I mumbled quietly.

"You promised me you'd give me a chance, and there was no way I'd pass that up! I'm most definitely not over you," he assured.

"I was just so excited that we could finally possibly reunite, and to be honest, I was hoping we'd both keep that promise because I really missed you, and there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't regret my decision on dating you."

"I knew you always liked me back. I just couldn't figure out why the hell you wouldn't admit it and date me," he chuckled.

"I was scared! You 'dated' so many girls in high school, and I knew your reputation. I hope it has changed, but not only that, I didn't want to hold you back from this."

"From what?"

"Following your dreams. Coming to Cali, going on xFactor to going on tour. You're living it right now, Wesley, and I wouldn't have lived with myself if I held you back from this."

"Oh, Saige, this is why you're just the best," he flashed his million dollar smile.

"We better get up. It's already one. We're so lazy, and we're in California," I said.

"Actually, Cali isn't as good as people make it out to be," he chuckled. We got up out of bed and went downstairs. It seemed that the house was still empty. It wouldn't have stopped Wesley from smacking my butt on the way to the kitchen either way, but I was at least relieved no one would see.

He made a brunch, since we missed breakfast and neither of us wanted lunch as soon as we woke up. He was in fact still the good cook I remembered him as.