Chapter 11 'Not Third Wheeling'

Wesley's POV

Drew told me we were going out tonight, and to dress somewhat casual and nice. He said we were leaving at five, but he never came back from Saige and Mariana's. I didn't want to rain on their parade by going over there, but it was kind of pissing me off that he was standing me up for a girl. I walked over and rang the doorbell.

When the door opened, my jaw probably fell to the floor. Saige was all dressed up, even wearing makeup, and she looked gorgeous. I couldn't seem to form any words, staring at her. It seemed she was feeling the same way because she just stood there, staring at me.

"Who is it?" Mari yelled, snapping us out of our trances.

"Oh, it's just Wesley," she said, whispering my name a little. She scooted out of the way a little bit, inviting me in. I saw Drew in the kitchen, all over Mari.

"Are you coming, dude? I've been waiting for you to come home for like thirty minutes," I said.

"Mari and Saige are coming too," he explained. I hope this isn't a date, God please no. I don't want our first date to be with them. I want to plan our first date, not have someone surprise us with one.

"That would've been nice to know," I roll my eyes, "I'll be waiting in the car."

"Me too," Saige murmured. She followed me outside and shut the door behind her. She smiled at me, but bit her lip so it wasn't a full smile. That made me want to kiss her. The couple times we've shared kisses, her lips left me longing for more.

"Is this like a date or something?" I asked her when we got in the car. We both sat in the back, figuring Drew and Mari were sitting by each other.

"I don't know. Do you want it to be?"

"Not really. I mean, yes, but I want our own first date," I explained.

"Me too, but I'm just glad I'm not third wheeling," she chuckled.

"What are we?" I asked, but got a confused look in return. "Like, boyfriend girlfriend, friends, what?"

"I'm sorry, did you ask me out sometime I wasn't paying attention? I must've missed it," she sarcastically giggled, answering my question. I have to ask her out, but I won't do it just yet. She's kept me waiting over two years, and I can make her wait for a couple days.

"Right," I agreed. Mari and Drew finally came out to the car. They both looked back at us, smirking. I didn't even want to know what they were thinking what went on between us. They started driving, and we ended up at a restaurant. I don't like these cliche dinner date things, and I know Saige doesn't either.

"What do you say we take off when they aren't looking?" I asked her, getting a laugh.

"I'd say that sounds like a plan, but they'd notice we left, and we have no car," she reminded me.

"So what? We can walk. Please," he pleaded.

"Alright," I agreed. She excused herself to go to the bathroom as soon as we got in. I took a seat and waited a little bit to go. I used the same excuse, the restroom, and walked back to where I saw Saige go. As soon as I turned the corner, I was pulled, pressing my body close to another. I looked down a little and saw Saige giggling up at me. She pursed her lips before pecking mine with hers. It took me by surprise, but I liked it.

"Let's go before they notice," I insisted with a smile creeping on my face. By the look on hers, I could tell she liked teasing me. I looked back around the corner to make sure they weren't looking. When we were sure they weren't, we quickly snuck out the front door, praying they wouldn't look over when they heard the bell. We bursted into a run as soon as we got out of the restaurant.