Chapter 19 'Why Are You Here?'

Saige's POV

It's been a couple days since our date, and when we told each other we loved one another. I was so relieved when he said it back. Anyways, I was going to head over there soon, but he texted me and said he had a quick errand to run. I was kind of glad since we've spent the majority of my time here together, and I think Mari is pretty upset.

I was sitting on the couch when she came down the stairs. She gave me only a glance and stormed off to the kitchen. I hope mine and Wesley's relationship isn't affecting our friendship because I love both of them, and I won't chose.

"Mari! Can we talk?"

"Aren't with your boyfriend today?"

"No. Have you not noticed when I am home and want to do something, you're always with Drew?" My mouth spoke before my mind could think about that one.

"Don't even go there! We brought you two together! Now I'm kind of regretting it," she rolled her eyes. She can't be serious.

"You didn't bring us together! We've been friends since we were toddlers! You can't possibly think that just because you put a date together for us, that, not to mention, we didn't go to!"

"I'm sorry I tried to do something nice for my best friend, and it ended up backstabbing me," she said on the verge of tears. I instantly felt bad for yelling.

"Mari, what has gotten into us?"

"I don't know, but I miss you," she cried. "You've changed after starting to date Wesley."

"What do you mean?"

"You rarely hang around the house, you don't gossip with me about how your dates go, or if you kissed. You've said maybe ten words to me all week!"

"Mariana! It's vice versa with you and Drew! I didn't want to change. I didn't want you to change. Maybe we just need a day to ourselves to work things out and chill," I suggested. She was about to reply, but there was a knock on the door.

"It's probably Drewbear," I muttered. She rolled her eyes, wiped her tears, and stomped to the door. I stayed back, looking over her shoulder from a distance. As soon as I heard the friendly hello I've missed so much, I hurried to the door too.

"Mom! Dad! What are you doing here?!" I screeched.

"We missed you, sweetheart! We also have some news that had to be brought now, and in person!" Mom explained.

"What is it?!" I eagerly asked.

"Hold your horses! We want to talk, see what you've been doing. The place looks good," my dad said.

"Okay, but how'd you get here?"

"You have a pretty sweet boyfriend," my mom winked. As soon as she said that, Wesley came trudging in with a suitcase. He stopped to peck me on the cheek before taking the suitcase upstairs to a spare room.

"He picked us up late last night after we called him. We didn't want you to know we were coming, and we didn't know who else would come get us," Mom chuckled. I let them get settled, but they're only staying one night before they go back. I walked to the kitchen, where I saw Mariana take off to.

"Mari, can you at least act like you like me for today? I don't want my parents to get suspicious."

"How can I act when I love you Saige? You're my best friend, and I wouldn't trade you for anything," she said, pulling me in for a hug.

"Same," I agreed. We pulled apart when we heard someone step into the kitchen. Thankfully it was just Wesley.

"You're bringing them back with me tomorrow because they asked me so many questions about our relationship on the way here! They asked me if we've ever done the dirty!"

"They did what?! You should've just not answered any of their stupid questions! They're so embarrassing! I hope you told them no," I chuckled a little.

"So, is everything okay here?" He asked, gesturing towards Mariana and I. We nodded and went back to the living room where my parents were. We talked with them for awhile about what we've been doing, and what we plan on doing for our month left. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone.