Chapter 18 'More'

Wesley's POV

Our food came soon enough and we ate, making small talk here and there. I paid for our meals, which made her mad. Not really, but she was arguing with me on our way to the beach. When we got to the beach, practically no one was there. Not like it mattered though because we went to our spot. I call it our spot now because we're the only ones that know about it, I think, and it's special to me. It's even more special when she's here, though.

"Don't look," she instructed as she stripped out of her clothes and put her bikini on. I was waiting for her to scold me on getting her smallest one, but it hasn't happened yet. I couldn't help but turn my head a tiny bit, getting a little glimpse of her backside. She had all the right curves in all the right places, and they made her body so gorgeous.

"I know you're looking, Stromberg," she said jokingly. I quickly snapped my head back forward and waited for her to get done.

"I'm done," she sexily whispered in my ear, sending chills throughout my body. I got up and changed myself, not even caring if she looked. I caught her staring at me for a couple seconds, but who's complaining?

"I bet the waters nice and cool," I winked, whizzing past her, scooping her over my shoulder on the way. She screeched and giggled until I threw her into the cool, crisp, crystal water and she went under.

"You little fucker," she spit out with her teeth gritted. I jumped in after her and popped up right beside her.

"You know you love me," I teased, poking her sides. The smile I knew she couldn't hold back finally appeared on her face. She wrapped her legs around my waist and held me close while we bobbed up and down in the small waves of the water.

She looked at me, and I knew what was coming next after seeing the look in her eyes. She softly pressed her lips to mine, gradually kissing me harder each time our lips came closer to each other. I tried something new with her. I swiped my tongue across her bottom lip to see if she'd let me in. She didn't hesitate at all. Soon she became pressed up against the edge of the water on the rock.

"I love you, Wesley," she whispered, looking right into my eyes. I don't think she realized what she said, or maybe she did. Regardless, I said it back.

"I love you too, Saige," I breathed. After that, it was silent. Not awkward, but a calming silence. We made our way back up to the shore and laid down on our towels for awhile. We held hands, looked at each other, and smiled.

"I have something else real quick," I reminded myself more than her. She rolled her eyes playfully and waited while I ran out to the car. I came back quickly with the bag. I sat the contents out and heard her cute little giggle.

"You didn't," she laughed.

"I did," I replied. We ate our chocolate covered strawberries and drank our smoothies just like the very first time we went night swimming together. Cliché, yes, but she liked it. We went home shortly after that, and Drew was actually home when we got there. Mari wasn't over, so we still stayed at my place.

"Goodnight, Saige," I whispered, giving her a kiss on her forehead.

"Night, Wes. Thanks for tonight. It was perfect," she said. I could practically picture the smile on her face even in the dark. "I love you," she whispered for the second time tonight, taking me by surprise.

"But I love you more, Saige," I whispered back, and there was no argument about it.