Chapter 17 'Surprises'

Wesley's POV

Saige left only hours before our date. We spent the day watching a movie and just simply talking about everything in our lives. We've missed a lot in each other's lives, and it's kind of sad we were apart for so long. I'm heading over to pick her up right now. I drove my car, yes, one house over, to her house.

"It's Wesley," I knocked on the door and said. The door immediately opened, revealing Saige. She looked simple, but cute. It was a little chilly, and she dressed in skinny jeans with a black tee and a colorful scarf to pull it all together. I just wore jeans and a flannel.

"You look cute," I complimented.

"You don't look too bad either," she giggled. She quickly pushed me out the door and to my car.

"What's the rush?" I joked.

"I can't stand one more second with Drew and Mariana in there. They're so disgustingly cute," she groaned.

"Did Mariana even notice you came home?" I chuckled.

"No, she actually didn't," Saige replied, sounding a little angry.

"It's okay, Drew hasn't talked to me in a couple days either."

"You don't think I've been ignoring her, do you? She usually does this kind of thing when I ignore her. She tries to make me jealous or something."

"You spent yesterday with her, didn't you?"

"Yeah, anyways, where are we going? For real."

"It's still a surprise," I said teasingly. She hates surprises. That's exactly why I'm making it one. She'll like this one though, I hope. We drove the thirty minutes it took to get where we we're going. When we got there, she looked at me and smiled. I found a nice restaurant right by the beach for us, but that was only the beginning.

"This isn't it, you know. I didn't want to just have a cliché dinner date. I know you hate them as much as I do," I told her as we walked in.

"I don't hate them. I just feel like it's boring. You didn't have to have more," she insisted. Most girls want guys to go all out and take them to a fancy restaurant, but Saige never has, and that's why I like her. She's pleased with almost anything.

"So is this like our second first date?" I asked teasingly.

"I like that. Second first date," she giggled. We sat down near a window, which was opened up so we could hear the waves. It was the most calming sound ever.

A waiter came by and brought us drinks. He was eyeing Saige, up and down, and I can't say I wasn't jealous. The way he looked at her made me want to punch him. She's mine. When he came back to get our food ordered, he even flirted with her.

"I'll take the grilled chicken with rice," she told him politely.

"Ah, good choice," he smiled.

"I hope so," she smiled back. Okay, maybe I'm overreacting, but I just got her back. I can't let her slip out of my life again. Not like before. That's my biggest fear right now. Her leaving, or me leaving for tour anytime soon. I know it's dumb because it's only a couple months, but it's seems like forever when you're longing to be with someone.

"So, can you tell me what's planned after this, or is it a surprise too?"

"I'll tell you on one condition," I smirked.

"By the look on your face, I think I better wait," she giggled.

"I was gonna say you stay the night with me again, but okay, whatever floats your boat," I pouted. She rolled her eyes at my childishness.

"I can do that," she smiled, "but what if I don't want to?"

"Then you'll have to wait for the surprise."

"Okay, I'll stay with you."

"Good because I really like waking up to your beautiful face," I winked, causing her to blush. She looked at me, waiting for me to tell her where we were going next. I really wanted it to be a surprise, but I made a condition.

"I planned on taking a walk on the beach, and I brought our suits to go swimming," I told her. That wasn't a complete lie. I didn't tell her the full truth though either.

"I missed night swimming in the summer with you," she smiled. She's always smiling with me, and it's the most beautiful thing ever. Her eyes light up when she smiles too. Not to mention her cute little smile lines she gets when she really smiles.

"Those were the days. We shared our first kiss when we were night swimming," I chuckled, remembering how awkward it was.

"Oh my gosh, that was so funny! We were so nervous, and it made it so awkward. But it was by far one of my most favorite memories."