Chapter 20 'Spider Monkey'

Saige's POV

"So, do you want to know the real reason we came here?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed.

"Well, we got a letter in the mail the other day, and it needed to be hand delivered. Yes, we did open it, but it's okay because it's a good letter. Here you go," my dad said, handing me a letter. I could tell they were getting tears in their eyes. I skimmed the letter, and thought my eyes would pop out of my head.

"I can't believe it! What am I going to do? When do I start? Will I have to move here?"

"We have figured something out," my mom assured. I can't believe I got accepted to UCLA. I'm so excited! I've been wanting to go there for forever!

"So, what do you have planned?"

"First, here, Mariana. Your parents couldn't make it down, so they wanted us to give it to you," my mom said. She handed Mari a letter, and Mari squealed just as loud as I did. She got accepted into UCLA as well. Drew will be so happy!

"Now, we decided, since we own this property and house, we are allowing you to stay here for now. We would like you girls to get jobs and get your own apartment after awhile, since we are paying for your college, Saige. Mari, you parents have informed us that they are giving you loans," my mom went on to explain a bunch of boring stuff about money and adulthood.

We all ate dinner together that my mom insisted on cooking since they came here on such short notice. When it was time for bed, they, of course, made Wesley leave.

"Bye, babe. I'll see you tomorrow morning," I whispered quietly and winked.

"I'll see you, too," he smiled. I was quite frankly too scared to say I love you in front of my parents, although they should expect it by now. He left, but not exactly. We had a plan.

"I'm getting tired. Thanks for coming, and thanks for the great news! You can find your way up to bed anytime," I insisted. I gave them both hugs and kisses and headed up to bed. I went to my window and opened it slightly, just like our plan was to do so. I heard a small tap just below it, so I opened it fully and helped Wesley climb through.

"Look at you, spider-monkey," I giggled, giving him a kiss on the lips when he stood in front of me.

"It wasn't too hard. I was just scared your parents would hear me climbing."

"Well, let's hope they don't hear us do anything else tonight either, huh?"

"And what exactly will we be doing?"

"Sleeping, duh," I chuckled, pulling him in for another kiss. This time, it was heated. His body ended up on top of my body, which was laying on my bed. He started a trail of kisses down my neck, making sure not to leave any marks. He reached his fingertips towards the hem of my shirt.

"Go ahead, don't be scared," I told him. A smirk grew upon his face, and he lifted it up over my head. There was no use because as soon as he got it off, we heard footsteps. No one came in, but the mood was ruined.

"You should still sleep like that," he winked, staring at my chest longer than normal.

"Only if you sleep without your shirt," I challenged, knowing if would be no big deal for him. We both lay there, soaking in the warmth of each other's bodies as we drifted off into sleep.