Legs drawn to my chest. Nose buried into my knees. My heart had calmed and tears hidden. I couldn't stop hugging myself. Rocking back and forth on the bed. Over an hour had passed since Brice almost violated me. Over an hour.

"Anastasia ".

I sniffle , lifting my eyes to meet his. Hands tucked in his sweat pockets as he leaned against the doorframe. "You okay?", he questioned. I didn't know what to say. How does one feel after being touched  unwantedly. I definitely wasn't over the moon and joyful. "Yes", I whisper. He stared for a second before clearing his throat. "I had to chase them. My parents will be here soon". Realization hit. He helped me only to save his ass. His parents would have been disappointed to see that he had allowed such bullshit to happen under his roof. He helped me to benefit.

If they weren't showing up.

Would he have allowed his friend to touch me?

"Stop your lonely dramatics and look presentable ", he said before walking away. Dramatics? Did he not care? Ofcourse not.

-
19 : 21 pm

"Very impressive Ana ".

Placing down my spoon, I give her a warm smile. "You truly didn't have to prepare so much of food", his father add with a smile. "It's no problem", I whisper. Before i could blink, they dove right back into chatter. The six of us seated around the table which was unsteady on its legs. I prayed it didn't collapse with all the food spread across its wooden surface.

His parents sat across us. His older brother and fiancée seated side by side. I had met Namjoon twice. He worked with his father. Rich, intelligent, respected man. His fiancée was a snob. Blonde barbie.

I had prepared extra food , not to impress them but to feed taehyungs friends when they came over tomorrow. The leftovers belonged to them. The thought of Brices hands on me were haunting. The way his burnt fingers fondled with my jeans. Harsh slap. I begin to dig my nails into my exposed thighs. It was the only way to distract myself from crying. I was an ugly cryer.

"Tae, have you decided on my offer?", his father finally included him in their conversation. I couldn't help but feel he was an outcast. "I thought I said no", taehyung deadpan. He hadn't eaten much. "Son, my company belongs to you both", he gestured to him and namjoon who was whispered into Sofia's ear. "Well, I don't want it", taehyung spoke but eyes remained on the empty plate. "You're being stubborn. You seem to enjoy living in this ditch-", the tone of his father changing from supportive to disgusted. "Ditch? This is my home", taehyung glared at the man. "You and I have very different ideas of what a home is boy". My eyes bouncing to each of their faces. Namjoon was unbothered. As if he'd seen this a million times. Sophia was lost in her cellphone. His mother had her head hung low , shielding how she truly felt about her husband and son arguing.

"I'm offering you a life ", his father raised his voice , earning a scoff from taehyung. "A life? I got one. I don't  want to be your pretty little porcelain toy", he snapped. "What are you on about boy? You're doing drugs, drinking cheap liquor with those losers you call friends ", he stood , punching his fist into the unstable table. All eyes on him. His wife eyes glistening with tears. "Keith, let it be. We came for supper", she whispered. "Hold your tongue woman! I am speaking to that boy you call son", he seethe. My heart pounding, it's all I could hear drumming in my ears. My nails passing the layer of flesh, cutting me open. Blood seeping out of my abused skin. I was too high on fear to worry about the pain.

"I turned down the offer. Why are you harping on it? You have namjoon as your pet-", taehyung hissed. "Excuse me?", namjoon furrowed his brows. "Shut the fuck up ", taehyung point a warning finger at the male who just shook his head and stood to his feet, Sophia following. "Dad, I told you he's not worth it. Let him rot in this pigsty". Keith closed his eyes, inhaling sharply.

"Get out", taehyung whispered.

"We don't want to be here anyway. The stench of poverty makes me sick", namjoon countered. "What?", I whisper. Their eyes now on me. "Poverty?", I question lowly. "I'm truly sorry that we got you married to someone unfit to take care of you Anastasia. I will speak with your father -", I shake my head and Keith immediately hushed. Shocked? "Taehyung takes care of me", I whisper. Does he? No. But he does provide shelter, a bed , food. "Anastasia, sweetheart you don't have to side with this trash. The mistake is mine", Keith's eyes were soft when speaking to me.

"He is my husband ", I say.

"I will not allow anyone to insult him, that to in his own home. You were invited out of love. Here you are harassing him -", I spoke faster than my brain could process the words falling out. Taehyung remained silent at my side. His eyes never shift to me. "Are you choosing to rot with him?", namjoon raised a brow.  Am I? I had no answer to that question. "Remind us never to come to this slum again-", he said to his father before taking Sophia's hand and walking out. Keith takes his car keys and followed Namjoon without a word or glance. His mother was last to stand. "Anastasia, I'm so sorry", she apologized. "Don't be", I smile politely. She had no reason to be sorry for her husband's arrogance. "Son,take care of yourself ", she touched taehyungs hand before sniffling and leaving.

Once the front door shuts, I sigh heavily, running my fingertips through my hair. My eyes staring down at my bruised thighs. "Shall I clean up?", I ask. No response. My eyes shift to him before getting to my feet. "I'll keep the leftovers in the fridge for you guys". Jittery fingers clutching the casseroles. Tonight was intense. Their family wasn't as stable and nurturing as everyone thought. I guess everyone has problems but this was downright toxic.

"Are you okay-", I check up but scream when he grabbed the casserole out of my hand , flinging it across the room. Hands covering my ears as the glass smashed into the concrete , shattering and colliding into the floor as thousands of shimmering pieces. "Taehyung-", I breathe in shock. "Who the fuck gave you permission to speak on my behalf!", he roared. Voice  thunderous. He was upset? Why? "You made me look like a stupid cunt", he barked , taking more dishes and breaking them against the wall. "Taehyung please. I was only trying to help-", I sob. Why do I always end up crying. "Help? Did I fucking ask!", he yanked me forward. "Did I ask?", he yelled in my face. "No-", I whimper. "Then? Why the fuck did you intrude? Know your fucking place -", he shoved me against the table. The edge hitting my hip. "Ou-", I jerk. "They are my family. You had no right to comment-", he hissed,  combing a hand through his disheveled hair.

"They called you trash-", I whisper and he glared my way. Please shut up , I beg myself. "Know your place ", he grit his teeth and I sniffle. Tears flowing like a waterfall. "I just wanted to help-", I clumsily wipe my wet cheeks. "Help? You want to help?", he grabbed a fist full of my hair, forcing me onto the table which jerked and twitched underneath my shivering body. "You want to fucking help?", he swat my ass and I yelp. My nails digging into the wood as if they were my flesh. "Let me fuck you. That's some sort of stress relief", he pushed up my dress, hurriedly pulling down my panties. I chew on my lip, sobbing hysterically but making sure not to utter a word. "Still wanna help?", his hands on my bare ass. I could hear my teeth rattling ,knocking together out of fear. "Answer me!", he stung my behind.

"Yes-", I choke and everything fell silent.

I wait patiently for a word? A spank? His penetration?

"Get out of my sight ", he huffed under his breath. Without hesitation, I push myself off the table , pulling up my panties and adjusting my dress. He moved to the couch , taking a seat, throwing an arm over his face. I sniffle, swallowing the thick lump within my throat. He looked drained.

I lower my gaze to the mess sprawled around us. Slowly, I crouch and begin to pick up the pieces.

Picking up the pieces of everything that was shattered tonight.