³⁰

13 : 12

"I can not think of a  better gift than expensive wine".

Namjoon and Taehyung watched their father strut around his office. How could he pretend things were normal? As if last night didn't happen...Here they were,  seated and minds heavily buried in thought. Namjoon was a ticking bomb and Taehyung was just — dazed.

"Will Sofia be your plus one?", he asked joon who just shrugged his shoulders. "She's always too busy. What's going to happen when you marry her? Will she be too busy to show you affection?", he asked joon who furrowed his brows. "I love her. And even if we are busy, I wouldn't stuff my cum into another woman out of boredom ", he snapped. Taehyung was shocked at that sudden statement. Never in his life would he have ever thought he'd hear joon snap at their father. He always believed joon was more for their father than mother — guess he was wrong.

"Namjoon", their father sighed. "You're a grown man. Please behave like one", he add. "Father, grown men will support their family. You are tossing our emotions down the drain over a one night stand which lead you to bring forth that fucking demon!", he seethe. "I had no choice!" , their father raised his voice. "Kenzi has cancer. She said she needed a few days to rest. I could not turn he down. I haven't spent any time with Yuki, nor have I ever financially supported her since birth. This is the one thing I need to do", his voice fade. He felt guilty for cheating but he felt a million times more guilty for not leaving his wife for kenzi. He had fallen inlove with her. He broke her trust and heart. The least he could do was take care of their daughter for a few days.

"I don't care if she fucking dies. That little rat does not belong in our home", namjoon went on, totally ignoring their fathers pale face. Taehyung got to his feet, buttoning his coat. "I will see you guys tomorrow ", he said and turned to leave. "We aren't done discussing the event", their father called out. "Well, I'm done listening to you two bitch about a child", he sighed and walked out. Her words rang in his head. She was waiting to go home, not knowing her mother was dying. He had no idea why she was on his mind. Taehyung was not a brotherly figure. He didn't even see joon as his brother. But — there was something about Yuki. It could be the sadness in her eyes. It could be the way she was a mini him. He just couldn't shake her off.

Anastasia had been waiting for him to open up about how he felt seeing his step sibling for the first time. He just couldn't. He did not know what to say to Ana.

"Goodbye Mr kim", the receptionist called out as he walked by. Taehyung simply nod and continued to the exit before he abruptly halt— turning his attention to Yuki seated in the waiting room. He glanced around before making his way to her. School uniform crinkled and dirty, her bag thrown aside, she had her head laying in her palms. "Yuki", he called out. She gasped softly before lifting her head. Taehyung raised a brow,  "Why are you here? Don't you have school". Her lips quiver before she shakes her head. "What do you mean no? You're dressed in your uniform", he point to her clothes. "I don't want to go", she sniffled. Her eyes pooling with tears. "I want to go by mama", she sobbed. Taehyung reached out, grasping her chin and inspecting her face. "What happened?", he asked. "What—", she whispered and pushed his hand away. "I fell", she wiped her cheeks.

"Did someone hit you?", he asked. "No!", she yelled. "Yuki. Are the kids in school bullying you?", he crouched infront of her. "No! I just want mama", she furrowed her brows. "I hate liars", he warned. "Then hate me! I don't care", she whined. "Did someone hit you?", he asked again. Heavy silence followed. She stared down at her clenched fists. "Everyone treats me different ", she whispered. "They call me names. Push me around—", her voice cracked. "Mama has to come to school so often. Sometimes I feel as if I'm a burden to her. I have no friends. Mama has no friends too. They say I'm dirty blood because I have no father", she stops to wipe her cheeks. The tears tumbling nonstop. "No one wants to play with me. I see everyone holding hands and spinning around at the playground— while I sit alone ", she whispered. "Today, my teacher threw me out of the class after I said I was staying with my father. He said I was lying and to bring mama to school. He said I'm spreading false news just to get attention. He said mama was teaching me to lie—".