³⁵

"It's alittle grown up but we have alot of time to shop for what you like", Anastasia smiled down at Yuki. "It's perfect ", she said as she walked into the guestroom. "I prepared a creamy spaghetti. I wasn't sure what you'd like to eat. We could always order if you want". Yuki couldn't help but snort at how anxious Anastasia was. "I love spaghetti ", she whispered. Anastasia gave a relieved smile. She had never taken care of a kid before. When taehyung decided he wanted Yuki to live with them - she was more than joyful. Anastasia was glad he made the right choice.

"You can unpack whatever you have. Do you need my help?", she asked. Yuki glanced at the small suitcase before nodding. "Taehyung will bring your other stuff", she add. "Will they scold him for bringing me back here?", Yuki whispered. Anastasia lift the suitcase onto the bed. "No sweetheart. He got permission from your father ", she reassured the little girl. "His mother and brother? Will they be upset?", she asked. Anastasia exhaled loudly. "Joon might be alittle pissed. But his mother loves him. She would never".

-

The slap that landed on his cheek resound in the silent living room. Taehyung stared at the floor for a second before locking eyes with his mother. "Why do I always expect more from you? Despite knowing your rotten personality! I always expect more from you than joon", she yelled in his face. Her cheeks drowning in tears. "You dare go behind my back and take that girl into your house", she pushed at his chest. Taehyung remained silent, allowing her to vent.

"I can not believe this. Are you even my child? All you've done is brought me pain since birth! I did my best to raise you but you still turned out to be the black sheep of the family!", her words were poison. "I have covered your back so many times , taehyung! When you got arrested and put into prison - I cried night after night for your safety! When you got hooked onto drugs and started doing illegal jobs, I still loved and cared for you! ", she screamed. "And now you choose to hurt me? Your own mother? ", she scoffed.

"She is an innocent child. Like I've said before, she has committed no crime. The sin is your husband's not hers. I don't see why I should hate her. Those hands are clean", he said without a care. Addie lift her hand to slap him again but he gripped her wrist - stopping her. "You should have slapped me when I was a child. Maybe I wouldn't have become a monster while growing up", he released her hand and stepped back. "Going off the tracks were partially your fault. Growing up , joon and I barely got attention or love. The difference between him and I, is that he's an asshole who tries so hard to please father. He wants to be the favorite child. He craves attention. Me? I don't fucking need it. I survived all these years. Yuki's mother will pass soon and father does not want her. She calls me brother. I will fulfill that title", his words forced her to stop crying and just stare blankly as if he had smacked her.

She never thought she'd hear taehyung utter such words toward her. He had married Anastasia because she begged him to. She wanted him to settle in life. He listened to her and now he was happy. Yuki came out of nowhere to destroy their peace...

"Leave. I do not wish to see your face until you've corrected your mistake", she whispered. Taehyung furrowed his brows. Out of everything he had ever done - she disowned him over a child? He steps forward, cups her cheeks and gives her a kiss on the forehead. "Take care of yourself ", was all he mumbled before walking out. He had just come to collect yuki's stuff. He didn't expect his mother to argue with him over what's right and wrong.

For him - the world was messed up.

-