²⁰

I promise I wasn't surprised when I woke and found myself alone , wrapped in his sheets. The dim light pouring through the shut curtains.

He left without uttering a word.

I draw up the pencil after doodling for almost 35 minutes and place it between my teeth. My sleepy eyes shifting to the professor who was at the black board , writing down more assignment dates. What a long night it had been. From being kicked out , to attending a rich party where I did not feel welcomed to having taehyung confess that he was a murderer. I had no clue why I went back home with him. Was I a psychopath too?– god no. I could never harm an insect. Its just that – everyone deserved a second chance. Why he went to prison was unknown. He hadn't mentioned it ,neither did he tell me how he met Rick. All he said was , he had killed in prison and got away with it. I'm sure deep down , it was eating at his insides. Taehyung had a heart. He proved it while making love to me. He could be gentle and warm. But sometimes warmth meant fire was close by. Taehyung was a furnace. A Volcano waiting to erupt and cause havoc in its wake.

My parents tossed me into this ocean. I was drowning. Suffocating. No boat or ship to help me. Somehow– through all the struggle to stay afloat. I found a sanctuary in Taehyung. A hiding place from the world. He may be a murderer but he did his best to protect me from his collapsing life. He did not even hesitate to pull his gun out. I'm sure he left because he needed to be elsewhere. I just prayed we were fine. I really did not want us going back to the way we were. Toxic. I wanted to grow with this man. Hopefully he wanted the same.

Taehyungs pov:

"Why are you here kim?".

I let out a sigh, shifting my gaze to Rick who showed up to Ben's house. I wasn't surprised, seeing that Rick practically lived here. Ben and him go way back. "I work for Ben too you know", I puffed out the cigarette smoke. He clenched his jaw before taking a seat as we wait for Ben. "Where's your bitch?", he seethe. I furrow my brows,  handing him the cigarette which he gladly took. "She's not a bitch", I mumble. "She is. Fucking slu–", I stood before he could complete, smacking the cigarette out of his hand. "The fuck?", he stood,  staring me in the eye. Though ‐ I was a tad bit taller. "I said stop ", I whisper sharply. He smirked, placing his hands on his waist. "Threatening me?", he asked. I tilt my head , eyes bouncing around his smug face. "You look freshly fucked ", he pointed out. "Is that the reason you're being her fucking puppy? I told you I'd get you some pussy to fuck", he scoffed, shaking his head. "Bet she had you whimpering like a bitch ". My lips curl into a smirk,  knocking his right off. "As a matter of fact – she did", I whisper. Memories of her squirming underneath my weight came gushing in like a stormy breeze. Anastasia kim. Beautiful little girl.

"I regret making you marry that whore", he seethe through grit teeth. I raise a brow , parting my lips to speak when Ben interrupt. "Gentlemen. If I didn't know you two better, I'd assume you two are going to kiss", he joked as we part and sat down. "Thank you for coming", Ben nod and sat across, placing down his cigar. "Whiskey?", he offered but we both said no. "Okay. Let's get straight to it. Firstly , well done on the last delivery. Customer was satisfied. I split the payment-", he handed us our bank cards. "Enjoy", he leaned back in the leather couch. Eyes bouncing from Rick to me. "Cara is out of town. There's a deal going down at the club. We need an escort, preferably American ", he looked to me as if I were going to suggest a Korean. "The men need to know we have sluts at our beck and call", he lift his glass, taking a sip of the whiskey. "They're in town to buy whores. Now , I told them that Rick owned a whore house and that they should drop in to have a look. Unfortunately they said to bring one girl – just one , so that they know the quality the whore house owns ". I turn to Rick who was rubbing his chin. Deep in thought. There were many gorgeous girls in that prostitute den. Large breasts and leaking cunts. If I weren't such a fuck up , I'd have taken a wife from there. Unfortunately, I don't date scum. Anastasia was pure, untouched. I craved that innocence.