³²

18 : 21
-

"Zackary, this party is incredible", their father praised his blonde haired friend. "It had to be perfect for the launching of the new champaign. You know I love doing things in excellence ", Zackary grinned as he shook Keith's hand. "This is my beautiful wife, Addie", he introduced. "Finally get to meet the woman who created two magnificent sons", he shook her hand. "And this is Yuki", he point to the girl standing close by. Addie passed her a quick look before turning away. No matter how much she begged her husband not to bring yuki- her attempts were void and unheard. "She is a distant relative ", he add.

Yuki lift her eyes to her father. She did not want to tag along. She had only come , hoping she'd see Taehyung. "Oh, welcome", Zackary gestured for them to enter and enjoy. Keith held his wife's hand as he escort her to the wine table. "If you continue to look at Yuki in that way, people will begin to question ", he scold under his breath. Yuki followed them around as if she were a pet. "How can I not? I had asked you to leave her at home. What are the boys going to say when they get here? You know how joon will react", she muttered. Keith brushes her off and goes to speak with his friends.

Addie looked down at Yuki. "For your own benefit, go and sit somewhere out of my son's sight. They will only be upset if they see you", she said to the little girl. "I am actually waiting to see Kyōdai " (brother), Yuki respond. "What? You have no right calling my children your brother. I do not hate you but please, stay away from my family", with that she took a glass of wine and walked away into the crowd. Yuki let out a soft sigh. Everyone in the vast room towered her. Once again - she felt alone. She wanted nothing more than to return to her mother.

-
20 : 37

"I'm proud of you", Addie grasped Anastasia's hand as they sat and spoke about her getting a new job. "I'm so excited. New home, new job", she smiled. "Have you both decided on when to have a baby?", addie asked with a huge smile. She had always wanted to be a grandmother. She was so proud of Taehyung for finally settling down with a good girl. Anastasia flushed pink at the thought. They had joked about it already but she knew Taehyung was not ready to be a father. "Not anytime soon but yes, we will definitely have a baby some day", Anastasia reassured her.

"If only joonie would have gotten a girl like you. I love Sofia, but she's always too busy for him. I just - I don't want him to end up like me and his father", she trailed. Anastasia remained silent. She always hushed down when Addie would open up. "I just want them both to be happy", she forced a smile. Anastasia turned to glance at taehyung who was on the far end of the room, standing beside his father and joon and a few work colleagues. He looked like a normal person who wasn't carrying such heavy burdens. She was proud of him. She loved him. "When are you visiting your parents?", addie asked. Oh? Anastasia hadn't seen her parents for awhile now. She always avoided visiting because her mother would want her to become a perfectionist. Her insults were alittle to rought for Ana to cope with. "Soon", was all she said.

"Anastasia -".

Ana and addie both turned to look at Yuki. "Yuki? What are you doing here?", Anastasia smiled, forgetting about addie seated beside her. "I was outside", Yuki smiled as Anastasia held her little hand. "What were you doing outside? You're freezing", Anastasia squeezed her hand. "I was - playing ", she lied. She was just avoiding everyone like addie asked her too. "Sit down", Anastasia pulled her onto the chair beside her. Addie simply got to her feet and left without excusing herself. Anastasia did not bother calling out. She knew why addie left but Yuki was a child, she did no wrong to Anastasia. "I didn't want to come", she whispered. "I know sweetheart. It'll only be for a few more days. Has your mother told you when you'll be fetched?", Anastasia made conversation. "She didn't even call to check if I'm okay", Yuki stared down at her hands. Anastasia knew all too well about neglectful parents. Seeing Yuki go through the same thing made her feel sick. No child deserves to feel alone.