Chapter 3

Hazel

"Papa I will not allow this to happen! How could you? She's your daughter!" My brother Dmitriy yelled at my father.

My father who was doing paperwork seemed completely unbothered by Dmitriy's yelling. Lucky.

"Dmitriy please don't yell at your father, he just wants the best for your sister."  My mother said to my brother as she tried to calm him down.

"The best? Marrying my sister off to that sun kid is the best for her?"

" I don't see what's so bad about him." My father said still not meeting my brother's or I's gaze.

Before I could get a single word in Dmitriy started speaking again "I've met him before papa! He sounds like an ambitious and smart businessman till he makes you sign your soul away, he's manipulative and only cares about himself! How could you possibly believe he'll care for Hazel at all?!"

I huffed a breath of annoyance. Of course, he only cares about himself, he clearly agreed to marry me to get his revenge. If he had thought about anyone else- like me and the fact I'm probably being forced into this-he'd probably have declined the offer.

"And you!" Dmitriy turned and looked at me.

"What about me?"

"What is your opinion on this!? You should be fighting! Fighting to not marry that douchebag!" Dmitriy looked at me as if I had grown 2 heads.

"You think I haven't tried that? But clearly, I have no say so. Even if I did I have a hunch that he gets whatever he wants and won't take no for an answer. He'd probably find a way to drag me to hell with him anyway." I said as I picked at my nails.

I was absolutely outraged when my father told me I would be marrying Ares Aleixandre, El sol, or whatnot. I had absolutely no say so in any of this. I was obviously angry about practically being sold off but my father was having none of it.

He threatened my entire future. He told me that if I didn't do this I'd never be able to go to college. He'd have any college I'd apply to turn me down, to go to college I'd have to go out of the country but, I wouldn't have any money. And my father would never pay for anything. I'd be in a foreign country starting from zero.

Which is not how I envisioned my life.

My Mother's gasp snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hazel! Language! That is not how a proper lady speaks."

I huffed and I puffed and I blew this house down murdering everyone here because they took away my basic rights.

I wish.

"I'm sorry mama"  My mother was the least of my worries, even though I always strived to make her proud of me, I knew. I knew she was happy to finally get rid of me.

She hasn't said a word of defiance to my father. Even if she did I doubt she could do much, but a girl could dream.

"Enough. Dmitriy, I understand your concern but your sister isn't marrying Ares just to make amends. She'll be infiltrating the family."

Dmitriy seemed confused but again I knew what my father was talking about. But, I personally thought it was stupid and dumb. It was another back-and-forth between both families.

My father knew that Ares would want revenge, he thought he was so incredibly smart for finding this out. I tried to explain to him that unless Ares was extremely dumb he'd probably know this.

Seeing his reputation I wouldn't expect anything less. But, my father wouldn't even let me get a word in. So, if his whole plan that he has goes to shit it won't be my fault. At least I tried. And seeing how I was being treated I really shouldn't have tried at all.