Chapter 12

Ares

I hated this. I could feel everything. The outline of her ass against me. And it was doing things too me. None of those things were good things.

I hated the situation. I hated that I was hyper aware of her. I hated the images and the ideas that I was getting because of this. I hated that this was technically my fault. I hated her.

God I hated her.

I hated that she tried to kill me. But honestly what did I expect? She's the daughter of the man who murdered my parents and is actively trying to infiltrate my family.

I knew she'd do something like this. I was prepared for it. What I didn't expect was willingly putting a knife to her throat and saying the words I did.

Fucking Maroon? Really?

Though it didn't seem to help the situation. You want to know why?

Because I could feel her throbbing.

Even worse I was also turned on. Why? I had no clue but it was another thing to add to the list of things I hated.

"Ares...put the knife down and let me go." Hazel said with a shaky voice.

I did not in fact put the knife down and let her go. Where was the fun in that?

"You know, I think this is the first time you've ever addressed me by my first name."

And the fact I knew that was oddly concerning. I pushed the knife closer to Hazel's throat. She let out a surprised gasp and I could still feel her throbbing.

This was fucked up. I was supposed to hate her. I do hate her. So, why is it that I'm not letting go? Is it because I found sick pleasure in seeing her scared? It had to be.

Yeah I just liked seeing her scared.

Liar.

"Just...let go." Hazel said sounding unconvinced. Oh? So she enjoyed this?

No shit Sherlock. She's throbbing-

I really didn't need that reminder because it just made things worse for me and my buddy down there. I did not want to explain to Hazel why she felt a rock behind her. So I willed myself to calm down.

"Oh but where's the fun in that?"  I said.

Hazel inhaled a shaky breath. Fear was fun. Very fun.

"Please Ares let go." Hazel looked up at me with pleading blue eyes.

I knew she was trying to tell me to put the knife down and let go of her but, somehow it felt like more than that. It felt like she was trying to say something else.

I'm more than sure she wasn't doing it with that intention. But, it felt that way. The look and the phrasing of the words. It was like she was trying to give it all a double meaning.

"Are you sure you want that darling?"

"Yes. Why wouldn't I?"

"I mean it's not like you're doing much to get out of my grasp now are you?"

That seemed to have snapped her back to reality because suddenly she started squirming and twisting. My hold on her wasn't budging though. She continued to twist and move so, I lowered the knife slightly so she wouldn't end up hurt.

As much as I really wanted her dead, I needed her to be alive. I needed her to finish being the pawn in my game. And maybe if she got to the end of the board she could become a queen.