Chapter 25

Hey guys 👋 I wrote an A/N chapter titled "Let's have a talk 🤗" I would recommend you guys please read it after you read this chapter because it's pretty important to this story and the future of it!

Also don't be a silent reader! I enjoy it very much when you guys comment!

Ares

Let the games begin. I thought to myself as Alexis and I looked at each-other from across the room. And it seemed like my fiancé, Hazel was thinking the same thing.

Nikolay and his wife couldn't just walk into our -but technically my beach house as it was one of the many Aleixandre properties I inherited- like they owned the place. And I definitely wasn't going to let them ruin my birthday party.

Alexis immediately walked away from Hazel and walked towards Evelyn Delgado.

Smart move.

Evelyn Delgado was the youngest of 10 Delgado siblings, and because she was the youngest she usually got away with a lot of things.

And one of her favorite things to get away with was black mail and a shit ton of gossip. And with this particular situation we needed her to add more fire to the flames.

Plus, they were one of the few Hispanic mafia families in the area so they automatically had a good relationship with us. So I was sure she'd be more than willing to help Alexis.

I looked around the room because to be completely honest, I usually left this part of the work to Alexis.

Alexis and Evelyn were in deep conversation when she suddenly looked over at me and then looked at the other side of the room.

Following her gaze I saw who she was looking at. James Bailey. Of course. The biggest sexist asshole in the world who loves gossip.

Even though I didn't like him, he was perfect for my plan. Having set my eyes on James I started walking towards him. Once I got close enough to him I patted him on the back in a friendly manner.

He turned his head around and plastered one of the fakest smiles I've ever seen on his face.

"Yo, it's the birthday boy!' He said as he aggressively patted my back. It almost felt like he was trying to kill me. Jesus.

"I have too say this was a pretty good birthday party, till they walked in." James said as he tipped his head over to Nikolay and Katarina.

"Yeah..." I said. I didn't particularly know how to bring up the rumor without sounding completely defensive. As I was about to look back at James Nikolay looked at me and a sheepish smile.

He can smile all he wants, but he just fucked himself and his entire family over by signing a contract with a man with trust issues.

I sheepishly smiled back at him, letting him know that he wasn't safe for very long. When he saw my smile his immediately dropped.

Good.

"Yo, Adler what do you think of the girl next to the milf?" James said as he pulled in a man who didn't look much older than me next to him.

He had platinum blonde hair, Hazel eyes, and he was slightly taller than me.

"Who? Sofia Russo?" The man James pulled in said.

"Yeah." James said as he chugged down another glass of champagne.

"I don't know" the other man shrugged. "She's pretty I guess, it's her personality that's kind of nasty." He said grimacing.