Chapter 31

Hazel

"Father?" I asked shocked. I expected whoever it was who had kidnapped us to be...I don't know? Someone who hated Ares or Dmitriy or both.

Not my own father. My main question was why though? I never caused any problems for him.

And I don't think Ava did either. So why, was he doing all of this?

"Are you really shocked?" My father asked raising a brow.

"Am I shocked you would kidnap someone? No. Am I shocked you kidnapped me? Yes." I said sternly.

It's almost as if he thought that he had done no wrong.

"Do you think you're above the normal people I kidnap? Do you think your better? Do you think you deserve more respect?" My father asked clearly trying to provoke me.

Been here. Done that. He wasn't easily going to provoke me though. And if he thought so, then he was being stupid.

"Well atleast one of us respects me more than the other." I spit out at him.

My father glared at me and I returned the glare. Try me bitch.

Behind me, I felt a tap on my wrist and out of the corner of my eye I saw that the chair I was sitting on was right in front of another chair.

And Ava was sitting in that chair. She was still blindfolded so, she continued tapping my wrist as her hands were also handcuffed probably hoping that I would let her know when she caught my attention.

I tapped her wrist back letting her know that I knew she was trying to get my attention. I heard her sigh a sigh of relief and I felt her starting to write on my hand.

I had no clue how she was doing it though. Like I said we were both handcuffed. But she was still somehow writing, and clearly too.

She drew a line and then a curve, D, and then she drew a circle, O, Ava continued writing two other letters and it ended up being the word Don't

Don't what?

She continued writing and I immediately knew this word was going to be longer. P, R, O, V, O, K, E.

Don't Provoke...

Is she asking me not to provoke my father?

She wrote three more letters on the palm of my hand. H, I, M.

Don't provoke him.

So my original assumption was correct. Ava was asking me not to provoke my father.

Before I could respond back by trying to write in the palm of her hand, I felt pain explode on the right side of my cheek. Fuck.

"What was that for?" I asked my Father.

"Don't you dare try to communicate while I'm still in the same room." He said directly at me but his eyes were narrowed on Ava.

I could only guess as to why my father decided to kidnapped. Maybe he felt threatened by Ares because his plans weren't work or because he thought that I wasn't following his non-existent plans.

But I just couldn't quite understand why'd he'd kidnap Ava? It seemed like before this she had a decent relationship with my mother.

And while she didn't seem particularly close to my father there didn't seem to be any animosity between them.

So why was he looking at her like he was planning to kill her?

"And you." He addressed Ava with venom in his voice.