Chapter 16

Ares

Mom and Dad were both only children. And together they created 4 children. Which was an interesting choice because neither had experience with siblings. And they had to learn the hard way that not every child is the same.

Some children are more affectionate and clingy while some are unaffectionate and dramatic. 

Fighting and arguing was always a constant in my household. Luca and Harmony were usually very sympathetic while Alexis and I were un empathetic.

But, that didn't mean that Alexis and I didn't have our differences. Alexis was patient yet she always did things clean and precise.

That wasn't the case for me. I was impulsive and hotheaded. I usually liked things done quickly.

There was an exception though. And that's when I was hurting people. I liked to take my time. I liked to see the pain in my victims eyes when they found out they weren't gonna live.

I didn't necessarily find satisfaction in the physical pain that was created by me- it's just a bonus feature- I liked the mental pain.

The emotional scrambling if you will.

If you put it into perspective it was interesting because in general Alexis could deal with situations patiently except when she was hurting people. Though I'll admit she was usually very creative with her torturing methods.

I was generally impatient but I definitely took my time hurting people.

Alexis always disagreed with my method. And I disagreed with hers. It's where we truly bumped heads. Which meant I wasn't fond of having her around.

But God how I wish it was her I was dealing with right now and not this fucking bitch. Even though Alexis could be a bitch she knew how to keep quite for her own sake and mine.

Alexis was usually quiet and when she spoke she was straight to the point. Luca once asked her why she never tried to make conversation and she admitted she just didn't like hearing herself speak.

Carl though? He wouldn't shut up even if his life depended on it. Which is why -even if it inflated her ego- I preferred to do the "dirty" work with Alexis.

But, wether I found Carl annoying or not I needed him alive. He had information. And if there's anything I -and probably Alexis- love more than hurting people it's getting information.

And I think Carl just dropped one of the biggest shocks of the century.

"The Ivanov's and the Petrov's are one in the same."

Maybe it wasn't the biggest shock of the century for me. But it definitely was for Hazel. Her plump lips parted in surprise. Which confirmed exactly what Dmitriy said.

"I have a feeling Father is going to be keeping a lot of these so called plans from you."

And look at that my future wife is standing there in shock. Either she's a really good actress or she really didn't know. And with what Dmitriy said I'm leaning towards the ladder.

I look down at Carl. His nose was still bleeding from when I broke it and he had his hand over his shoulder putting pressure on it. The blood was pouring all over the floor from the bullet I had put in his shoulder.