Chapter 27

A/N: Umm anyway...🤠

Ares

The word angry didn't even begin to describe how I felt about what Alex had just said. Just when I was beginning to admit I had feelings for Hazel was when Nikolay was trying to take her away from me?

Bullshit. This was all fucking bullshit.

Not to mention Hazel had been acting weird all morning. I couldn't really explain it but it's almost like she had an epiphany or a realization of sorts and decided to put distance between us.

And I wasn't having it. I wasn't going to have any of this.

"What do you mean he promised my hand in marriage to someone else?" Hazel ask shocked, her chest heaved up and down clearly she was anxious.

Alexis shrugged as if she didn't have a care in the world. Which angered me. Of course she wouldn't care. She didn't have to work to get this revenge. She hadn't even considered it.

She didn't know what it was like to like someone and feel like you have to deny it.

"Well I would assume that means that you are no longer Ares's fiancé. Now your Diego's fiancé-"

Alexis said before Hazel cut her off.

"Can everyone please stop talking about me like I'm a piece of property? Im sick and tired of everyone acting like I can be owned or passed around. I'm a human being with opinions and I deserve to have the privilege of being treated as such." Hazel basically shouted which caused the room to go silent.

Hazel had a right to be mad. Not only had her father been blackmailing her but she was forced to be in a marriage with a man she didn't know.

God she probably saw me like an evil man. That was the point though. She was supposed to hate me. So why didn't I want her hating me anymore?

Who was I kidding. I liked her. And obviously I wanted her to like me even if  I knew it wasn't a good idea.

"She's right-" I said glaring at Alexis before she cut me off.

"And I never said she wasn't." Alexis said glaring back at me.

"But we also need to be realistic. If Nikolay really did sign that contract that basically guarantees that she's Diego's fiancé. And I'm sorry to tell you this but if you continue letting your father step all over you he's going to continue treating you like a piece of property." Alexis said looking sympathetically at Hazel.

Hazel's eyes were glossy, she was holding back tears. Fuck. It felt like a stab to the chest. I was supposed to protect her I promised her I would.

I promised her I would even be able to provide her with education. How was I supposed to do that if she wasn't going to be with me anymore.

"Hazel...how did your father threaten you?" Harmony asked in a soft tone of voice.

And that's when Hazel let everything go. She explained to everyone that her father had told her that if she didn't marry me Nikolay would never allow her to go to college in the US.