Chapter 7

Ares

There was a reason Alexis was considered La Luna and not me. While Alexis was better at being logical, strategical, and emotionally regulated I was not. I was definitely smart. If I thought things through more often maybe my life would be better.

I was just far too impulsive and that usually got me in trouble. Like right now.

In some fucked up part of my brain I briefly thought about giving Hazel the ring my father used to propose to my mother. But, in no way, shape, or form had I actually wanted to give it to her.

Now everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. Great.

"What?" Luca basically growled.

Thats when I knew that I had used up all of Luca's patience. Oh shit. Harmony was also clearly shocked. Alexis was throwing daggers at me with her death glare and Grayson...

Grayson was clueless.

He was also the one who started this. Maybe it was by accident. But whether it was accidental or not didn't matter. If Grayson gets me almost murdered, I'd make sure he'd 100% get murdered.

"You heard me" I said while biting on my tongue.

That's when I felt a little jab to my side, and I saw Hazel glaring at me. She mouthed the words "Tell them you were joking dumbass."

I smirked. Clearly Hazel was embarrassed and frustrated by the situation. I mouthed the word "no". Hazel glared at me and huffed

I loved playing with her emotions.

It was just so fun.

"Absolutely not Ares."

"And why not? Mom and dad said whoever got married first could use it. Harmony didn't want to use it but I do. So what's the harm?"

Honestly using my parents ring would make this much easier not just physically but socially. It would cut me the cost of going out and buying a ring and it'd be seen as some sort of romantic gesture by everyone else.

"You know why Ares." Luca looked at me with a stern face, but he also seemed slightly confused.

I looked at Alexis. Even though I hated asking anything from anyone I knew that if anyone could change Luca's mind it'd be Alexis. I needed her support for this.

She definitely knew this because when she saw that I was looking at her, her face dropped. She nodded her head no, but I nodded my head yes. She narrowed her eyes at me.

This was simply pay back for trying to feed me grapes which I'm allergic too. But attempted murder wasn't anything new between Alexis and me.

When I saw the grapes, I had the urge to lunge at her and strangle her. That Bitch.

I had other urges too. Ones that involved a particular Blonde named Hazel.

But whenever I saw those eyes, I just thought of revenge. I just wanted to kill her in cold blood.  Maybe it's not what she deserved but, who gave a fuck about that. Certainly not me.

Alexis cleared her throat which made Luca's attention go to her instead of me.

" Well, if my opinion matters, I don't think it's a... horrible idea."

Luca and Harmony looked at Alexis skeptically. Even my fiancé seemed confused. I had noticed earlier that when Luca called her my fiancé, she had gagged like she had almost vomited.