Bonus Chapter #1: Jealousy

A/N: Quick disclaimer that these bonus chapters happen before or during Midnight (Alexis's Story) so they may or may not be referenced in that book

This chapter in particular happens before Alexis's story begins officially (after the prologue but before the 1st chapter)

Ok back to the show!

Hazel

Finding a dog on the street and adopting it was definitely not a part of my plans, but it happened anyway and I am not ashamed of it at all. It just looked so sad and depressed, and it was so cute.

I just needed to take it home with me.

After taking it to the vet and having the poor thing cleaned and properly taken care of I found out it was a Samoyed. And it was the most adorable Samoyed I'd ever seen.

It was the most adorable dog I'd ever seen, I just had to take it home. I had to. I adopted it and ended up naming him Phoenix. Like the immortal bird y'know?

But, even though I was completely enamored with Phoenix someone else...was not. "I just don't understand why you had to bring that...thing here?" Ares asked as I saw him glare at me from the corner of my eye.

"Excuse me?" I gasp while covering Phoenix's ears. "Phoenix is not a thing. And he was an adorable puppy who was in an unfortunate situation, I had to adopt him, Ares." I said kissing the top of Phoenix's head.

Phoenix looked back and forth between us while sticking out his tongue, almost like he found this amusing. Ugh, he's so adorable.

Ares raised both his hands up defensively and rolled his eyes. "I'm just saying. You could've just left him at the animal shelter." When those words came out of his mouth I glared at him.

How could he have no sympathy for Phoenix? I scratched Phoenix's head and played around with his fur, not answering Ares.

I heard him sigh from the other side of the room. "Darling, we live in an apartment...well really more like a penthouse. And yes while it is spacious it's really no place for a dog." He said as he bent down and let Phoenix smell his hand.

Disappointed I sighed. I knew he was right. A dog should have a backyard to roam around in, and a place to play and be free.

I felt Ares's hand cup my face tilting it up so I was looking up at him. "Do you really love the dog more than you love me?" He asked raising a brow while glaring at Phoenix.

"Ares Aleixandre, are you jealous of a dog?" I asked him in a teasing tone, which caused him to clench his jaw.

"And what about it?" He murmured under his breath which caused me to smile. I held my hand next to my ear pretending I didn't hear him properly.

"What was that?" I asked him, once again Ares rolled his eyes. "So what about it? You've given the dog more kisses than you've given me since we got married." Ares said glancing over at Phoenix, who just stared back at him with his tongue out.

"Well, that's because you've been busy and you're never home," I said. I immediately regret saying that though.

Ever since we had come back from our honeymoon Ares had gotten extremely busy with his mafia things, which I completely understood. But it left me alone on quite a few nights. And it's been nice to have a companion like Phoenix to have around.

Especially since we don't have kids yet.

The thought makes the blood rise to my cheeks and I immediately push the thoughts away.

Ares sighed and forced me to look at him. "Why didn't you say anything earlier Hazel?" He asked.

"Because I didn't want you to think I was needy," I said trying my best not to meet his eyes. "And I saw Phoenix, and he just looked so distraught. I wanted to help him. And now I kind of see him as my kid y'know."

"Well if you wanted kids you could've just asked darling," Ares said. I could feel my face going beet red which caused Ares to chuckle and softly push me down on the couch as he started kissing a trail from my stomach all the way to my neck.

"You still on birth control?" Ares asked between kisses and I nodded my head which caused him to hum. "We'll need to fix that soon." He said as he continued to ravage on my neck eliciting small moans and whimpers out of me.

After not being able to resist anymore I pulled his head out of my neck and brought it to my face smashing my lips on his.

Which caused Ares to groan against my lips and he bit on my bottom lip to open my mouth and slip his tongue into my mouth.

His velvety tongue slid against mine. This was Heaven. Just as good as the first time.

Just as I was going to start unbuttoning Ares's shirt, Phoenix somehow jumped between us. Pretty much breaking us apart and ruining the moment.

Which caused Ares to groan in frustration and glare at Phoenix. And I just couldn't hold myself back I just started laughing uncontrollably.

I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee in my pants. Ares just stared at me with a blank expression and then got up.

"Where are you-" I said trying to catch my breath in between laughs. "Going?" I asked him while still laughing.

Ares just pursed his lips and glared at me. "I'm going to get this dog some god damned toys and a bed. We'll make your old room...his new room I guess." Ares said still glaring at me.

Finally, after catching my breath, I stopped laughing and I was just smiling. "Ok sounds like a good
plan."

"Better be. And since he interrupted our friendly session, you owe me at least 10 kisses." He deadpans fully serious.

"Ok," I say as I stand up and kiss his cheek. "Don't forget to buy the dog food," I say as I pick up Phoenix and place him onto my lap as I sit down.

Ares glares at Phoenix and then at me. "I hate you." He says as he begins to make his way towards the door.

"Love you even more," I say as he walks out and closes the door. Once he left I just started laughing to myself.

If this is what married life is like I don't think I have much of a problem with it.