17 Part One

AJ's POV ~

November 22nd, 2019

Monday Morning

11:30am

Megan's Home

Flashback

" Im s..s...s..sorry A..A..A..AJ" Megan said. I was scared and wanted to cry because she didn't look like she enjoyed what was happening and I felt weak because I couldn't help her. I hate myself for not helping her. I laid in bed and cried as I called my daddy's phone more than 3 times. He wasn't answering and that made me more sad.

About 10 minutes later I heard the front door slam. I slowly got out of bed and ran into the bathroom that was in the room I was staying in. I wiped my face and used the restroom. I slowly opened my door and looked down the hallway. The University blues I saw by the door were gone so I knew he was gone. I walked to the room that Ms. Megan was in and she was asleep. I walked in to her covered up on her back asleep.

" Ms. Megan" I called and received no response.

" Ms. Megan... Ms. Megan, are you ok?" Still no response.

" I walked up to her side and saw her nose was bleeding and her eyelid was bleeding and puffy. Her eyes were closed and she wasn't breathing. I remember that my dad taught me that if someone is unresponsive check their pulse and try to turn her on her side. Her pulse was fine. Now I have to push her on her side. I tried my best but she landed on her stomach. I got in her bed that was wet in some spots and pushed her up and laid under her to keep her on her side. I cried myself to sleep because I was scared that the man would come back and my dad wasn't not answer and she could be dead.

Flashback over

I tried to move around but I remembered Ms. Megan was laying on me. Until I heard running in the hallway.

" Mommy Yoyo won't let me brush my teeth" Malayah came running in.

" AJ why are you in my mommy bed? You were scared to? I heard screams last night and mommy usually says not to worry if I hear them go hide." Malayah asked all jumpy.

" Lay that was your mom screaming last night and now she won't wake up." I said crying and she gasped and started crying.

" Was it Dave that made her scream? He always hurts my mommy and she always has to go to the hospital. We gotta get Ms. Michelle." Layah said crying.

" Who's Ms. Michelle and where is she?" I asked, hugging her. Yoyo ran in smiling.

" Mommy's not up yet? Why we not waking her up?" Yoyo said running to try and get in the bed.

" Come here brother. Mommy's not waking up and she has to go to the hospital again. Ms. Michelle is mommy's friend next door. The red door house on the right" Lay said. How is she 5 years old?

I stood up and ran to get my shoes and jacket and I ran back to the room.

" Guys stay here, I'm going to get help." I said and nodded. I ran next door to the house with the red door. I knocked three times and there was no answer.

" Ms. Michelle im from next door with Ms. Megan. We need your help." I shouted bangging on the door.

" Ok Ok hold on." I heard and waited until this tall lady with a red bonnet and house coat with red PJ's on and pink house shoes.

" Yes and who are you?" She asked

" My name is AJ and my daddy's girlfriend won't wake up. Ms. Megan. Her son and daughter said "you know what to do." I said quickly.