19

Trigger Warning: Abuse

I just watched the Aretha Franklin Movie 'Respect' with Jennifer Hudson and not only are Aretha and Jennifer two of my favorite vocalist but they are 2 strong women that I can relate to well. And I wanted to dedicate this chapter not only to them but to one of my favorite songs. Hope y'all enjoy!!

P.S. Jennifer Played the hell out of that part. And for her to be hand picked was amazing. And just so y'all know Im not a bandwagon fan I grew up listening to Aretha Franklin and this song is one of my top favorites and Ain't know way, Wonderful, Nature Boy, Dr. Feelgood, Freeway of love, It ain't fair, Walk on By, A Rose is still and Rose, All the Kings Horses...ect. So I know my music and my favorite artist. I was raised in a churchy family too. In fact my grandfather is a preacher and he knew C.L. Franklin. A fun fact I just learned! So pull that card with me if you want!

And I recommend 2 great movies and one I mentioned is 'The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete' and 'Sandy Wexler' 2 movies staring Jennifer Hudson. Both two great and amazing movies that teach you some good ass lessons. Make sure you have some tissues if you're emotional like me for the first movie. It's pretty sad. And of course go and watch 'RESPECT' them movie if you have't and if you have still go watch after this.

Flashback

 Omniscient POV ~

November 9th, 2016

Saturday Afternoon

Megan's Apartment

11:00am

Megan had already gotten up and cooked breakfast for her and her daughter. The night prior she had all her younger siblings over for a movie night and sleepover and the kids had just left an hour ago. Blue Ivy, Sir, Rumi, Malayah and her new brother David and Daniel had all watched movies all night and had a sleepover. Megan really needed this moment with her siblings after her harsh breakup with Ja that was all over the media.

Malayah was in her room sleeping since she was up with the big kids until 4am. They had watched Dreamgirls, a special movie Blue requested because her mommy was in the movie. They watched a plethora of kid friendly movies like Princess and the frog, Lion king, Hercules and many more. Megan decided after the kids went to sleep she wanted to catch up on some homework. Which she didn't finish until 6am. She took what seemed like a short nap until 9am when all the kids woke her up for breakfast,

Megan had a project to complete by break and it was based upon the way drugs and substance abuse affects a home and the body of the drug in taker. Seeing as though she minors in psychological behavior, she chose to watch a movie that depicted the drug abuse of a home very well. And also had Bey's rival co-star and Friend Jennifer Hudson as a star and Megan thought she was amazing ever since Dreamgirls. While watching " The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete" Megan felt sick to her stomach and ran to the bathroom to release her vomit. Not because of the movie but because she had a very bad feeling.

Megan walked back in the kitchen to finish cooking and served the kids. They watched another movie until all their parents came to retrieve them. Malayah fell asleep during the movie and Megan just walked over and picked her up and laid her in her bed with her white noise machine playing. Megan sat down and started to write in her journal and the topic she picked was very touchy and that topic being love. After two broken relationships Megan thought she wasn't good enough to be loved although she gave her all to the men she loved. Megan started to cry and reflect on her failed relationship with Dave and how bad he ruined her. Beside the abuse she loved this man and didn't understand why men showed such a bad side to her friends when she first started to date him but she saw this angel. Megan began to feel like a fool. As the soft music played in the background Megan began to listen to the lyrics to Aretha Franklin's lyrics to 'Ain't no way' and she could now understand the song better. The song faded out and Aretha Franklin's 'I never loved a man' and Megan decided to start cleaning.