Chapter 9

A couple of weeks have passed. I haven't talked to my mom or seen her since we had that fight. Personally
I don't care. But I've been staying with jeremiah.

*nariah POV*

"Hey cakey, good morning" he reached over and kissed me on the cheak

"Hey jj"

"Good morning" I said smiling. "So what we doing today?" We had brake of from school cuz some kids are who didn't take the state tests had testing.

"We going to the race track...also I made a Lil bet with amari" he really trying me this morning...

*Neyssa POV*
I bet y'all wondering what we did that night. I had went to his house and we talked and laughed. And no we did not do what you think we did. Why would I do that with a guy I just met.

He wanted to cuff with me but I said to lemme think about it. He's mad bipolar sometimes he would be happy and sweet next he would just be angry. I ont know bout that so we'll just have to wait and see. I decided to text him.

Me: Hey :)
Jerome: Hey Lil ma wassup
He sees that I'm short so that's what he calls me.
Me: nm. But nariah just called me and said we going race track. You coming?
Jerome: I ont know. I gotta think about it.
Me: alright. :(
Jerome: aw ma don't be sad. Don't make me come over there and tickle u.
Me: maybe I want you to ;)
Jerome: :)

This boy be having me feel some type a way. I got ready and headed to Jeremiah's house. Its weird, Jeremiah lives here in Brooklyn by himself, while his parents is all the way in Oakland, California. They thought moving him here would take him away from all the drugs and gangs...it didn't.

Andre POV*

I woke up to hear my phone ringing.

"What the fuck, its 8 am...who be calling my phone...speak or forever hold your peace...I suggest you hold your peace" I said

"Nigga shut up. We going to the race track, you going" I heard Jeremiahs voice. But I heard another girls voice in the background.

"Yea I'm down. Yo is that nariah in the background?"

"Yeah she in the shower"

Nariahs voice was so damn beautiful.
"Wow...but aye I'll be by dere in a Lil bit."

I hung up the phone and went in the kitchen. I found a note on the fridge.

-I found you. And I'm not leaving until I've killed you. I've already infiltrated you. Now I'm coming for ya girls, ya gang, and you.-

The fuck. Nah forget the race track we needa deal with this shit.

I called Jeremiah real fast since he was the leader.

"Sup" he answered

"Jeremiah we gotta problem"

"Can't it wait-

"No" it really can't.

*Jeremiah POV*

Andre sounded mad serious on the phone. I take that seriously cuz usually Andres the one who be like 'we could take this' and to see that he sounds like worried and scared...that's when I worry.

"Yo ma we gotta head to Andres house. Shit bout to go down"

"Alright let's go." That's what I love about nariah. She don't never complain about where I'm going or what im doing cuz we got that trust.

*Andres House*

Everyone was already there when we arrived. But when me and nariah walked in everyone's face expression changed. Andre was in the kitchen, he looked like he been crying.

I pulled the piece of paper out his hand and read it. My whole body filled with frustration, anger, annoyance and worryness. I picked up the chair and through it across the room, mind you that I'm still holding her hand.

I felt her let go and snatch the paper out my hand. She read it and to my surprise her facial expression was neutral. I don't understand how she could possibly feel calm.

Y'all don't understand. Nariahs dad was a drug lord as well. He made that money come in, nobody messed with him nor his family cuz they knew they life was gonna be gone if they did. However he had beef with a lot of gangs. One day him and nariah was at the park playing basketball...then a car passed by and shot him dead. Nariah was probably like 7. He always had all our backs. When I turned 14 I started it all over, recruited some of his old people and some of mine.

I can't lose nariah. I can't make her go through what she did again. Its not fair.

Pop pop pop

We heard gunshots outside. All the guys (Daniel, golani, damani, Amari, adon, jody) came in the kitchen waiting for orders.

"The girls needa go upstairs and wait till one of the guys come up and say its clear. The guys needa suit up...they gonna be bullets flying..and a lot" I gave the orders and everyone stood their shocked.

"Don't just stand there! Move move move! Let's go" they all scrambled around.

A few minutes later the guys had on they bullet proof vests and had they guns and was ready. I saw Daniel looking at something behind me. I turned around and saw nariah and Neyssa sitting behind me.

"Y'all needa go upstairs now!"

"I'm not leaving you" nariah said.

"And I'm not leaving nariah" Neyssa said smirking.

"OK just be ready" they got no protection, nun of the guys and I'm not even gonna say guns cuz I bet they don't know how to use them.

The door busted open

Here we go