Chapter 1

"Mama, I'm leaving!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs.

"Girl what did I tell you about runnin down those damn stairs!"

"Sorry mama I forgot"

"Ain't no sorry, before you go you needa wash them plates in the sink...you got me?"

"Yeah" I sighed.

Hey I'm Nariah...Not Mariah, get it right. Im 17 years old and live in brooklyn, new York. You can call me Nya if you want...

I put down my bag and went in the kitchen. I heard the front door slam and ran into the living room

"Andre don't tell me you got in another fight!" I was worried. He was my best friend.

"So what, I ain't start it" he said brushing it off.

"Boy, why the hell you gettin in so much fights. You lucky you aint fighting me cuz I would a pulled a leather on ya black behind... Go upstairs and get cleaned up." My ma yelled.

Andre was really close to my family, so he was treated like he was part of it. My ma could be a little harsh at time but she's the best.

"Ma its 7:30 can I go now?" I said practically begging.

"Fine. But Imma be home late so don't be wondering outside late. Bye baby. Love you" she said.

*High School*

"...nah but she be on me like she needa hop off" Jeremiah was saying to me. He was a good friend of mine. He had me rolling with laughter cuz some girl keep 'stalking' him apparently.

"Maybe she likes you" I suggested.

"I could care less, she needa go asap" he chuckled a Lil bit. "So where you going after this?"

"Study hall." I said rolling my eyes.

"Ha I actually feel bad for you, but aye Imma dip, tell Ms. M I had an emergency or sumthin." He said as he hugged me goodbye.

I just sat back and shook my head.

*hours later*

The bell rang and I had free period so did my girl neyssa, but we just went home since it was last period.

We hopped in my white escalade and started to drive. "So wassup" I was hella bored.

"Nun these teachers be tryna kill me tho, no lie."

I laughed. Neyssa was my closest girl best friend. She was mad chill.

"Andre got in another fight. I really don't know what's wrong with him. He ont' need to be fighting" I said getting agitated.

"Why you worrying so much, he mad strong. Hes 5'10 and 10 times your size and you big as hell so stop trippin and chill" Neyssa said closing her eyes.

We had got to my house and I saw andre and Jeremiah, playing on the PlayStation.

"How y'all get in here?"

No answer.

Whatever. I just went to my room and neyssa stayed wit them.

***

I heard a knock on the door.

"Its open" I said

I saw Jeremiah walk in. He jumped on the bed with me.

"Whatchu want?"

"We hungry down there" he whinned

"Tf I look like to you, a maid? And I ain't tell y'all to come in my house" I snapped.

He gave me some sappy look and I couldn't help it. "Fine I'll order pizza" I said sighing.

"Yay" he pranced around like a little kid. I chuckled. He danced out the room.

"Wait nariah?" He came back.

"Yeah JJ"

"Come to the park with me later on ? Just me and you?" He asked.

"Yeah sure" I didn't think much into it. Now time to feed these pigs