Chapter Twenty

Oisín

We spent the night in each other's arms, talking and clinging to each other. It was how we should have been spending every single night together. So close and intimate, and at night spilling secrets and dreams to each other in the barely-lit room.

Elena didn't overindulge in conversation, but we spoke of her parents, her grandma, and her love of baking. She asked me about my parents, and I told her they'd been living in Ireland since I took over.

I told her they visit on holidays to see Aofie or that sometimes we fly out to visit them. She asked me if I was close with my parents and if I loved one more than the other, but I didn't.

I told her they raised me well, loved me, and made me the man I am today. We spoke of little things, and she demanded she asks the questions since I knew everything about her.

She traced my wedding ring absentmindedly as she asked me as many questions as she could muster up before falling asleep on my chest. I didn't move her. I didn't even move. I stayed there, with her head lying on my chest, her hand still in mine, and I slept.

I slept, and it was peaceful and beautiful and so fulfilling. The following day we woke up early together, and it was soft and tender. She rolled over and stretched and then giggled when I kissed her back.

We mumbled out sleepy good mornings, and after cuddling in bed, we got up to get ready for the day. We stood side by side in my bathroom and exchanged smiles as we brushed our teeth or washed our faces.

She insisted that I not look at her while she changed, which had me swatting her ass with the towel before forcing her to get dressed in front of me.

We woke up Aofie together like some normal couple, and after helping her prepare for the day, we walked down to the kitchen together, where we baked the cake.

It was something I never thought I would do and enjoy, but seeing my wife and daughter so happy, made me want to consider doing this with them more.

Suarez woke up just in time for us to cut the cake, and Elena made us some coffee and left us to speak by ourselves outside by the pool. She kissed the side of my head before grabbing Aofie's hand and walking her back inside.

I pulled out two Montecristo cigars and handed one to Suarez, who set his coffee down to reach for it.

"When is your Russian friend coming?" He asked as he lit it.

"Soon."

"You trust this, Igor?"

"I trust Igor with what I want to trust Igor with," I explained through a heavy exhale. "My wife's brother has been too quiet. When a man that impulsive is quiet for too long, Suarez, you know he's being careful. If Enzo is careful, we need to be even more cautious."

"Your wife is okay with you killing her brother?" He inquired.

"No, but war is war. The day he waged war on my family, and I was the day he signed his death certificate."

Liam, Igor, Roman, and some of Igor's armed men joined us a few minutes later. They crowded the garden area, and the five of us sat down and discussed our plans for Enzo and Jakob.

They wanted to draw him out and force him to attack us; that way, we could attack our lands and have the home advantage, but it seemed too easy and predictable.

"We need to act fast, Oisín," Roman said.

"We need to be smart, not fast." Liam countered, taking the words right out of my mouth. "Any fool can be fast and kill a few men, but a smart man can plot out every single point and cut off the head of the snake. That's what we need. The Polish and Italian mafias are nothing without Enzo and Jakob dictating them. The Morellis have no one if Enzo dies. He's the only son."