ʚ𝟐𝟎ɞ

ʚ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐈𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐬 ɞ

Megumi found herself barely walking as she made her course back to her shared room with Tohru–Momiji as well, she supposed. A notable pep was in her step as she borderline skipped along the dim-lit hallways, happiness wading off her in waves like radiation. Of course, it was good radiation, if that existed somewhere, as she was on cloud nine, gently running her fingers over her newly gained bracelet. The gemstones made twinkling noises as they bounced off each other, reminding Megumi of chirping wind chimes that rang early in the morning.

Her feelings now differed tremendously from an hour ago, when she was tossing and turning in her bed, hopelessly seeking sleep. She felt energized now, like she had drunk a can of cold brew coffee. Excitement was zapping through her body the entire walk to her room, as it felt like a weight was lifted off her shoulders and she could finally breathe again.

Every once in a while, during the short walk, Megumi found herself glancing down at her slim wrist and the fine piece of jewelry. Each time, without fail, a cheeky smile would grow across her face as her body vibrated with joy.

The moon was high in the sky by the time Megumi approached the familiar sliding door, and she was pleasantly surprised to find Tohru waiting in bed for her. The brunette was sitting under the feathery blankets with Momiji still passed out beside her, tenderly holding onto her hand in his sleep. A single white pillow had been arranged between her body and Momiji's, barring the tiny boy from rolling over and hugging her in her sleep and consequentially transforming.

Tohru beamed when she saw Megumi slide the study paper door open and tread precisely into the room. She looked like she had been asleep moments ago, with her eyelashes fluttering dreamily and her head nodding off to the side, but she gave Megumi a brilliant smile, nonetheless. A fatigued yawn escaped her lips as she eagerly scooted over to make room for the new arrival.

"There you are, silly! I was starting to consider you got lost in the dark!" She joked, patting the ground beside her.

Megumi gave a sheepish chuckle as she tiptoed over Momiji's sleeping form and crawled under the blankets beside Tohru as she wished. The bed was quite warm already as she was nestled between Tohru and Momiji, and Megumi wished she had packed some shorts and a tee shirt to change into.

Tohru didn't seem to mind the extra warmth as she scampered closer to Megumi's body once she had sat down and drew the blanket over her. She clasped her hands together and looked radiantly at Megumi with stars in her eyes.

"So, so? Do you like it?" She asked, honey eyes darting down to her wrist and lighting up like a Christmas tree when she identified the gemstone bracelet. "Oh, I knew you'd like it! Sohma-san was worried you wouldn't like it, but I knew you would! It took him days to pick out; I didn't know he could be so indecisive."