Chapter- 2 Partners

"You may have failed this time, but don't give up. Someday, when you find yourself back here once more, come and find me. Until then, live a life you can be proud of."

🐈‍⬛

It had been 2 months since Shinso was left to die in that alleyway. 8 weeks of physical therapy, counseling, and spending every spare moment desperately trying to figure out more about the golden woman who had saved him.

His external scars healed into smooth wide dark silver markings that would live on his skin forever. While they were wounds that reminded him every day to be thankful he was still here, the women seemed to go mad for them. On their guys' night out at the bar, the introverted quietly dominant man had found his new scars being the talk of all the hens. Women who would have simply been silently interested in him from afar now had new conversation starters as they asked him about his wounds. More than a few women had offered to 'take care of his pain' if he took them home, and he wasn't ashamed to admit he did. He had never seen so much action since high school when he fucked every chick in general studies. He never dabbled in his fellow heroes because he didn't want the distraction of having to see them every day, but support course and general ed were fair game for the hungry young teen who had only just begun to learn about the deliciously controlling side of bondage.

Despite the sexual benefits of his scars, they also served as daily reminders of his numerous failures. He still couldn't talk about what had conspired with him and Rin that night. He refused to discuss how his friend was still missing without a trace, but most of all, the scars reminded him that the woman who had saved his life was nowhere to be found.

Alas lingering on the past wasn't something he would be allowed to continue to do, for his office's door was kicked unceremoniously in.

Shinso Hitoshi ran his hands through his wild mane of purple hair and glared through his long black lashes at the man he had come to loath. "What?"

Katsuki Bakugo slammed his stack of papers down onto Shinso's desk. "I said, you need to fuck'n fill these out-TODAY!"

Shinso cocked a single purple brow and crossed his arms over his broad chest. "I don't need to do shit."

"Yes you do!! You're 5 days late on all of your paperwork!"

"Not all of it." Shinso scratched the massive scar running across his full lips. "I already told you, I'm not taking on a partner," Shinso stated in an exhausted yet firm voice.

"Yes. You. Are!"

Now it was a well-kept secret, but no one in the world could make Hitoshi Shinso do a damn thing if you actually managed to piss him off. He typically didn't care enough to get upset. He'd always be sleepy, monotone, and generally agreeable if there was solid rationale behind whatever was being asked of him...however, once mad...heaven nor hell could make the purple man budge.

And everything about Bakugo infuriated Hitoshi.

Shinso wasn't a firey brand of anger, thus he slowly got to his feet until he nearly towered over his tall coworker. In his later years of UA, Shinso had hit a growth spurt that made him a bit over 6'2. His papa had cried actual tears the first time his 'baby boy' had outgrown him. Shinso and his equally exhausted dad hadn't been able to contain their exasperated sighs as Lore and Eri threw themselves a literal funeral for the numerous pairs of jeans Hitoshi had grown out of.

Now that he was hovering over Bakugo, in his deep raspy baritone he murmured, "I said no."

"I don't give a fuck." Bakugo's red eye twitched. "Pick a goddamn sidekick, or I will pick one for you."