Chapter- 11 Paynte

⚜️

Kaminari proved yet again to be the sweetest of pokemon, for it had been he who had stood up to Bakugo and advocated for Kendra to take Fae to a hospital. With her newfound yellow champion giving them a clear out of what could have turned into a very sticky situation, both women made a swift exit back into the shadows.

Even after she had showered, eaten dinner, and tried to sleep away that lingering electric sensitivity humming across her skin, Fae could still feel everywhere Denki's lightening had traveled through her body as if he were running his warm soft hands all over her naked curves.

As she sat atop her and Kendra's apartment building's roof, her mind was running through everything that had happened. After putting some space between her and Kaminari, her quirk returned to normal. She had feint mirage memories about what she had seen of Chisaki's future, but she was back to only being able to see her own.

Her return to homeostasis meant she knew Kendra was about to lean out of their window and bellow, "BREAKFAST'S ON HO!!"

Fae smiled as normalcy slipped back into their routine. As she climbed off the breezy window and back into the safety of their home, Fae put her unholy-looking Gigglypuff slippers on and skipped to their breakfast nook.

"Ohhhh~ everything looks so good! Thank you Kenny!"

Kendra slid her bestie her morning iced coffee. "No probs."

Fae had a habit of kicking her feet like a small child when she got excited, and she was over the moon as she bit into a sweet crepe thus Kendra wisely tucked her legs up under herself to avoid those tiny weapons of mass destruction flailing under the table.

As Kendra sipped her hot tea, she murmured, "so we gonna talk about what happened?"

That icy cold lifeless breath of fate's warning blew across her cheek, and she knew to change her course of action. She opened her mouth to reply that she was fine, and that frosty warning become bone-chilling.

When Fae remained uncharacteristically quiet, Kendra looked up to see her gold eyes shining ethereally. "Yeah okay, I get it. Yesterday's off limits," Kendra sighed in annoyance.

"I'm sorry." Fae poked her scrambled eggs and said in a small voice, "you know I'd tell you if I could."

"I know pumpkin, but fine, if yesterday is no good. Then how about you tell me what the fuck we're about to do because Chisaki most certainly did not show up yesterday."

Fae rifled through the glimpses of his future she had seen. "He still met up with the league somewhere last night, but I don't know where. With him in the wind, Rin Hiryu evading the police, and your sperm donor in jail we really only have one option."

Kendra threw down her teabag on a napkin and exclaimed, "please tell me you're joking!"

When Fae winced adorably they both knew she was in fact not joking. "I promise it'll be quick!!"

💎⚜️

"I promise it'll be quick," Kendra mocked in an obnoxiously high-pitched voice.

"I do not sound like that!"

Kendra parrotted back what she just said, so Fae slugged her best friend in her tattooed bicep. "OW! Those tiny fists hurt bitch!"

"Then stop being mean! I didn't know there was going to be a line!"

"You are able to see the literal freaking future, what do you mean you didn't know there'd be a line?!!?" Kendra waved at the line of highly sketchy individuals waiting outside of Paynte's tattoo parlor. "And not just a small one!! A long ass line!"