Chapter 22: I'll Be Mad If You Lose Me Again

Chapter 22 – I'll Be Mad If You Lose Me Again

Silent calm.

The movement of the monster crocodiles that were rushing to eat me from all directions stopped. The vibration of the ice water touching my skin and the commotion that had been terrifyingly beating my eardrums also subsided.

'Did it suddenly evaporate?' Of course, that was just my earnest wish because I'm afraid of pain! I was intensely experiencing with my whole body that my possessed life was really, truly, frankly, so nauseatingly dangerous that it was incomparable to my previous life.

'What a piece of—'

In this stillness, a large monster crocodile that no man could overcome, cutting through the current, was approaching quickly over the top of my head.

'Crazy. Isn't it more fierce than other monsters?'

'But I won't die now, right?'

Right? Right?

'Theodor kills me in five years, right?'

Of course. There must be some kind of original immutable law, Right? Eishh. I just can't. Originally, possessed and reincarnated creatures are supposed to change the original. Isn't it unpredictable how will I die? The monster birds who were chasing Theodor and me earlier were demon beasts that didn't exist in the Empire until devil Theodor came in the original.

Yes. I had to stop deceiving myself with hasty reassurances. Open your eyes, Kang Joo-hee. Figure out the situation. Then, with a small fist, you can aim at the vital points of your opponent, right? Escape the crisis with one shot, punch!

I put my spirits up, but my eyes didn't open. No movement, as if someone had tightly glued my eyelids together. Fear was chewing my whole body.

"Get up, Kang Joo-hee! Run like crazy, Kang Joo-hee!" It was the voice of my mother, stamping and clapping for me after I fell down during the sports day. It was embarrassing. My mother was cheering me on without mercy. I thought everyone was looking at me. Even the old man selling cotton candy might have been watching me.

The scene of a true tragedy. Even then, I kept my eyes closed, embarrassed. Due to voting for the relay race, I had to take the baton for first place, and sprained my ankle, falling forward. I could hear competitors running next to me. I might have given up if it wasn't for my mother's support, but there was no way that could happen. Because of my mother's cheering, my name suddenly became a roar.

Damn it.

Stand up.

Run!

Although I didn't get 1st place, I didn't end up last either. After crossing the finish line, I noticed that both my knees were bleeding. Only then did I collapse on the ground from the pain, and my friends rushed in and hugged me.

"It's okay. You did well."

'Right, it's okay. You're doing well.'

[tl/n: I'm sorry but, am I too sensitive or did you guys tear up in this part too?]

There are things in the world that are impossible, but you should have no regrets. No matter how fast the monster moves, I'll use that speed to target their vital points.

'5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Now!'

I clasped my hands and raised them towards the place that was supposed to be the face of the monster. By all means, I hoped to pierce its thin chin hard. But it was one blown in vain. I opened my eyes with the desire to win and tried to attack again.