Chapter 40: Wouldn't It Depend On How She Tames It? (2)

It was Theodor. After that, I saw Molli, the nanny, tutor Viat, and some maids and servants chasing behind him. I slowed down my horse.

"Woah, woah."

The horse snorted and lowered its speed, then walked slowly with its long legs before stopping in front of the approaching little figure. I jumped off the horse, and with one knee on the ground, I spread my arms toward Theodor. The child snuggled into my arms and hugged me. The soft baby scent warmed my heart. Right then, the black horse went neeeigh! I held Theodor in my arms and introduced him to the fascinating horse.

"Say hi, Theodor. From today, this is mother's horse."

"Hewwo."

Theodor's little hand waved left and right. The black horse put its face on Theodor's cheek and purred. They said it was rough and wild but how can it be so docile?

"It tickles~"

Theodor's giggles and smiles were so cute that I couldn't help but kiss him on his plump cheek. One cheek was caught by the black horse and the other was caught by me. Theodor closed his eyes and wrinkled his nose, chuckling.

"Your Highness! What would I do if you ran out of class like that?"

It was Molli who sharply rebuked Theodor. Behind Molli, Viat was panting for breath and bowed his head. Nodding lightly and glaring at the nanny who hadn't even said hello to me yet, I asked Theodor,

"Does my son know how to ride a horse?"

"Of coush, I, the Gwand Pwince, wiv be the future lord of the Shlezen Castle."

"Oh, then, as the Grand Prince, can you escort mother to inspect the estate?"

"Yeep. Theodod wiv do his best."

Theodor clenched his right hand and hit his chest, telling me to believe in him. I said, nodding at my black horse.

"The Grand Prince will ride in the front, and I'll ride in the back."

Theodor's eyes widened.

"Theodod has never ridden with anyone befod."

"Mom will take you safely."

"Your Highness the grand duchess, the grand prince has his schedule," Molli said. Theodor, held in my arms, felt nervous for a moment and looked up at me with his lips curled.

'Don't be nervous, just trust this mother.'

"It's a given. I've looked through the schedule and curricula that you guys sent. This morning's class was 'Grand Prince's etiquette' class led by you, the nanny. And including management of the estate? So then... let's call it a field trip."

Molli's mouth gaped at my words.

"Viat, wouldn't it be possible to replace the afternoon estate management and administration classes with today's inspection?"

"That's right, Your Highness." At my question, the corners of Viat's mouth rose. 'Oh, it's been a while since I've had a break.'

Only Molli stared at me quietly. Considering whether to say something or not.

"Good. Well then, that's it." I raised my chin proudly and beckoned him to leave.

"Then I'll get going."

No wonder, Molli didn't back down easily. Theodor gently wrapped one hand around my neck and rested his head on my shoulder. He was scared even though he was the grand prince.