Chapter 30: Feelings Keep Changing

Chapter 30 – Feelings Keep Changing

"You can keep me in custody here."

"...?"

"But at least when you bring Theodor, I would like you to put down your feelings of discomfort and dislike."

'Discomfort? Dislike?' Gerard was amazed. After feeding him with pure and clean water, and delicious food he had never seen since he was born, Sinclair did not even glance at him once. Her gaze was fixed only on Theodor.

He could understand. Last night, he was the one who tried to take her life.

'You must dislike me. You must feel scared.' It was only natural for Sinclair to openly express her feelings of discomfort and dislike for him.

As he approached Saios, the sweet and savory smell from the annex made him guess how she was willing to be a mother even in the midst of her busy schedule. Thanks to this, it was a moment when he missed the late Empress Stephanie. After his mother left, the side annex lost its warmth. But less than a day after Sinclair entered, it was as lively as before.

He even felt a little excited. The door opened, and the moment he saw her standing in the garden, his mouth opened on its own.

Small beauty. Her fluttering purple hair was neatly trimmed with a ribbon, and a slim dress made of lace wrapped around her pure white skin while modestly hiding her voluptuousness. Also, how thin was her waist? He worried that it might break while walking. It was only then that the soft touch of that waist held in his arms and palms came to life. He felt sorry for the sick woman, who had left her body to sink into unconsciousness, smiling brightly and approaching Theodor. It looked sincere. Her heart for Theodor. Was that why? Gerard, the ruler of the Demon Realm and the late Emperor's firstborn, kept having unusual feelings moving towards Sinclair, a comrade, a life partner, and a woman– not a political marriage.

But in that sacred time of their own,

'Curtis.' She spoke the name of a stranger. Besides, wasn't she discreetly requesting his entrance?

'I guess the name of that roach-like bastard who she told to run away while crying in her sleep the first night is Curtis.' For a moment, he didn't know why, but it felt like a corner of his heart was falling apart. His appetite was gone.

'Does it mean that you are already bringing your man as soon as I gave you the annex? I'm sure you say you wouldn't divorce until the curse is lifted. How did you make me so defenseless and stab me in the back?'

But if he thought of her words, he realized that she only spoke of the duties as the Grand Duchess, and Theodor's mother, but no place for him. As always.

When there was a third party, she called him 'Husband' so sweetly and smiled warmly enough to melt his heart, but it was obviously for external reasons. Right, it was an arranged marriage. She also said she was hoping for a divorce.

'Are you using me as an intermediate step to escape your family and start a new life with a new man?' Even so, wasn't I the one who willingly aimed my blade to her neck? Knowing that I could take your life at any time, you thought of bringing a man to my residence the next day!

Is love supposed to be like that? Reckless, absurd, foolish, and ignorant.

Gerard stared intently into Sinclair's fluorescent pink eyes, and she looked at him as if hesitant and grumpy.

'How come the person that farts gets angry?'

[tl/n: I didn't want to miss this amazing expression lol- it means basically 'why do you get angry at others for your own mistakes?'