Chapter 12:Chapter Twelve

What I Have To D

"Sorry, Son, are you thirsty? I'll make you something to drink first."

Theodor's eyes widened like a startled rabbit.

"Theodor's drink? Will you make it yourself?"

"Of course! I'll become my son's bones and flesh."

I nodded, got up from my seat, and to the maid waiting next to me I said.

"Please guide me to the kitchen."

The bewildered maid's jaw dropped. After all, she had never seen or heard of a noblewoman making a drink herself.

"I, I..."

"Hurry!"

As I rushed her, the baffled maid noticed the old maid standing in the middle of the dining room. The older maid approached me.

"I am Darian, in charge of the meal service. Please come with me."

She took the lead and I followed her towards the kitchen. Of course, I didn't forget to reach out to Theodor. Theo ran like a chick and took my hand and said,

"Are you reaaally going to make one for Theodor?"

"Sure."

Theodor's voice fluttered as if he was walking on clouds, and as he spoke, Darian looked back and smiled at him; when our eyes met, she bowed lightly and walked a little faster. She opened the door with a 'bang.'

"Your Highness the Grand Duchess and the Grand Prince are entering!"

Her voice reverberated as if she had given strength to her stomach. The kitchen servants, busy working, looked at us and dropped their tools and bowls. Some even missed the vegetables they were chopping.

It was understandable for them to be dumbfounded, the Grand Duchess and the Young Master entered the kitchen without even finishing the prepared meal.

Of course, some stopped what they were doing instantly and bowed their heads politely.

I picked up an onion that had rolled to my feet and placed it on the countertop. And as I was about to ask a nearby servant for water, I remembered the muddy lime water I drank at the banquet, so I stopped myself.

'I'm going to make a water purifier first.'

I couldn't make Theodor drink that foul water, so perfect for making a stomachache.

"Go and wash fresh vegetables and fruits and bring them back. Prepare a grater and cotton cloth."

"Pardon?"

The servant stuttered with a bewildered expression.

"Is it hard to understand? I'm telling you to bring vegetables, fruits, grater, and cotton cloth."

That was then.

"I see the Grand Duchess and Grand Prince. I am Chef Lucio."