Chapter 32: Probably, Will That Flavor Suddenly Kill You?

Chapter 32 – Probably, Will That Flavor Suddenly Kill You?

Ariel was as big as a hippo, and when I asked "How?" she shyly bowed her head and whispered.

"You can collect them under the name of the 'Shlezen's Orphanage' run by His Highness Grand Duke."

"Is it possible?"

"Yep! If you say the castle will take care of it, the guild here will thank you too. It's trash that's difficult to deal with."

'The Duchess, a trash collector?' Not knowing my shrunken heart, she suggested a way.

"Of course, we will have to negotiate with the self-governing committee. You can have Joseph do it."

"Joseph?"

"Yes, he is the 'Shlezen's Orphanage' chef, so no one will ever doubt it. He cooks with cheap ingredients like garbage."

"Cheap ingredients like garbage?"

"Yep. Joseph cooks with demon's ingredients."

"Hmm, I think we should raise the budget set for the Shlezen Orphanage. We can't just feed them garbage."

For a moment, Ariel seemed moved. Then she looked around and asked in a very low voice.

"Excuse me, but may I ask why you need this ingredient?"

"Mmhh, I'm going to eat it."

"Pardon? This lowly thing that only our orphans eat?"

"What do you mean lowly thing for orphans? Saying that would make orphans lowly. Those kids are never lowly. Those who took away the parents of those children through their greed are the lowly ones."

"..."

"And why do you keep calling those food ingredients garbage? Don't use words like that. Where in the world is there a life that is not precious? Why can't you thank the food that gives you life and call it lowly instead? And algae and seafood are so delicious."

At my words, Ariel nodded her head with tears in her eyes.

'Why are you so moved?'

"Then, shall we go to the guild?"

Now I had to get the equipment that would make all of this possible.

The road to the Dyson Guild was full of pungent medieval scents. The floor was covered with gray bricks. To the left of the alley was a long wall of fortresses. On the walls of the fortress, traces of past fierce battles from fighting the Demon Realm were left. But this place will collapse the year Theodor turns twenty– fifteen years from now.

Finally, at the entrance to the fortress wall, the entrance to the guild appeared. The arched gates were covered with signs of time. The walls of the gates were old, but they were thick and looked very sturdy.

When I passed the arched gate, it was as cool as if I was passing through a cave. And it was chilling. Behind the gate, there was the clock tower where I would be torn to pieces by Theodor in the future.

'uh...' It was giving me goosebumps. 'Should I get rid of that clock tower? Then, I won't be killed there, right? Wouldn't it be possible with the status of Grand Duchess?'

Passing through the cave and past the clock tower, the Julius Square, named after the former Emperor and Gerald's father, appeared.

The Dyson Guild was famous. People even came from the capital, five hours away, to buy things. They took control of the city administration by raising their authority while competing with each other.