Chapter 19 : I Am The Mother Of This Child...

Chapter 19 – I Am The Mother Of This Child...

"Keeeiik!"

A bird three times bigger than Theodor was being strangled and suffering in his tiny hands.

'Oh my God... Look at that long tongue.'

Ugh... In addition, the yellow, sticky saliva was flowing down Theodor's arm.

I wanted to retrace the road and go back. I wanted to pretend I didn't see this violence.

But I couldn't.

'Even if he has the power to beat a monster like that with his bare hands, I'm that child's mother.'

I had to observe the situation. That way, I could take care of it appropriately.

"Theo!"

When I called, Theodor's surprised shoulders curled.

"Theo."

When I called again, Theodor's moving hand stopped. The monster pecked Theodor's head with its beak.

"Ah."

Not missing the moment when Theodor's hand loosened, the bird tried to run away with a 'screech!' sound.

"No."

But Theodore was stubborn. He grabbed the bird's leg as it was about to run away. The bird pecked the back of Theodor's hand for its life.

"Meanie, meanie! Bad bird!"

The bird spread its wings and flapped in a loud rage. A desperate struggle to soar into the sky. Finally, Theodor's foot rose dangerously from the ground. I ran quickly and grabbed Theodor's body.

"Theo!"

"Det me go! Go!!"

As I caught him, Theodor shook and shouted.

"It's dangerous! The hand! Let go!"

"No! I dun wanna!"

As I pried his fingers grasping the bird's sharp talons one by one, Theodor struggled.

And finally, the bird, freed from Theodor's grip, slammed the thick branches with its large head and flew toward the sky over the forest with a loud shriek. Theodor clenched his fists and shouted at the fleeing monster bird.

"Meanie! Meanie!"

"What's wrong, Theo? What's going on?"

I was startled as I turned Theodor's struggling body. His front hem was stained with blood, and the area around his lips was also stained red. Bloodstains were scattered on the ground, and feathers were clinging to Theodor's thighs.

Without realizing it, my legs lost strength and my knees buckled to the ground. As my height decreased, my eyes became the same height as Theodor.

Theodor's red eyes looked at me and twitched anxiously.

"What's going on, Theo?"

He pressed his lips together and took a step back. I thought he'd run away.

"I'll keep it a secret."

Only then did Theodor look at me.

"Theo. I want to help you."

Still on my knees, so he wouldn't be wary, I crawled toward him slowly. However, Theodor stepped back as I approached him. Then he got caught on a tree stump behind him and half-fell onto his rear. But Theodore jumped into the air as if his ass was on fire.

'Wh- what? What's wrong?'

I checked the tree trunk in a hurry.

"Hyuk!"