Chapter 9: Chapter Nine

Quietly Touch What's Inside (1)

Diing~

The bells ringing in my head made me wonder whether Gerard was in pain too. Of course, I believed he would drop me. But he still held me tightly. I was about to attack again, but he avoided my thrust. And then, as if soothing a small determined child, he said,

"Stop."

"I want you to put me down."

As I growled, he sighed heavily.

"What if you slip and we postpone the First Night? It'll be a headache".

"What do you mean?"

"If the Ceremony cannot be completed today, the Emperor and the Imperial Family will have to stay here until tomorrow night."

'Spend another day with the Emperor, Empress, and the rest of the family?'Of course. There was no way he would have concern for me. That would never be the case.

"I'm confident I won't slip..."

In response to my modest answer, he carried me to the shelf while hugging me, and there took out the gown with one hand and covered my shoulder. And from that position he kindly opened the bathroom door. Then he relaxed his arms.

With great regret, I relaxed my legs and stood on the floor.

"Sorry."

He bowed his head 90 degrees, but he crossed the bathroom wordlessly, swung open the bathroom door he had entered earlier, and left.

It's probably because the acting was over, right?

'I'm doomed. I'm sure he sees me as an immature fool.'

Ha... Shouldn't I make up for this ruined image at the Ceremony?

* * *

Inside Sinclair's bedroom, Schlezen Castle.

The maids were busy trussing Sinclair with a thin gown and light makeup for the final decoration.

However, due to the bathhouse incident, my peaceful mind had already crossed Andromeda and disappeared.

Tok, tok.

"Yes?"

A maid entered.

"Her Majesty the Empress wants to see you shortly before the First Night Ceremony."

"Her Majesty the Empress?"

I didn't really want to see her. This was because, when we greeted earlier, I had recalled the memories of Sinclair's older sister, the Empress Kennes.

["Family? You want to break up my family and become a family with you? How dare you! You're a witch's whelp!

Kennes' dark blue eyes were fiercer than the winter sea's wind. Darkness fell upon Sinclair.

"Help me! Save me!"

A small fist pounded on the closet door.

* * *

"This is my younger sister, Sinclair. She's very quiet and a good kid."

Kennes introduced Sinclair with a smile at one tea party. And shortly after, Sinclair ran through an unfamiliar maze garden, crying.

* * *

"Even if you become a member of the Vonzeyer family thanks to me, I don't know if you will be able to keep that title."