Chapter 2: Chapter Two

"The Grand Prince fell!!"

tl-n: He's called Grand Prince because he's the son of the Grand Duke, and he's royalty.

It was me who fell, but Michael ran to Theodor. He moved faster than the Principal answering the Chairman's call.

"Are you all right?"

"Theodor is alright!"

Theodor raised his left hand to stop Michael. And looked at me,

"Stepmother, where does it hurt?"

He kindly asked.

Flustered, I shook my head and tried to tell him I wasn't hurt, but no voice came out.

"Are you too cold?"

"N-no."

I couldn't hear my voice, so I squeezed my vocal cords to answer.

"Umm... but why are you shaking like that?"

Only then I looked down. My whole body was trembling.

"May-be you're sca-red?"

Theodor's red eyes sparkled sharply.

'Heeuk!'

Even a five-year-old can feel it!

It was a bad sign. Besides, isn't this a situation where I have to survive somehow?

I said 'kimchi!' to myself and tried to raise the corners of my mouth.

Michael intervened, perhaps frustrated by my reaction.

"What do you mean by that? Your Highness. That's not possible! What are you doing without taking care of the prospective Grand Duchess properly?"

At Michael's words, the maids hurriedly helped me sit in the chair again.

Theodor, frowning, approached me slowly.

"Stepmother! Even if Shlezen Castle was built on top of the demon realm, there's absolutely nothing for you to fear."

'Terrifying.'

The thought made me freeze on the spot. I unconsciously leaned back.

But he was faster.

Theodor loomed suddenly, like a creepy ghost in a horror movie, and grabbed my hand.

'Kyaaaa!'

I screamed internally and winced.

Then I opened my eyes and saw his hand.

Maybe it was due to the backward fall, but the bottom of my pinky was scratched, and red spots were forming.

"Sowwy. Theodor hurt you."

My heart, which was beating terribly, slowly subsided at the friendly Theodor's reaction.

"S-sorry. Thank you for worrying."