Chapter 23: He And I Become One Molten Body

Chapter 23 – He And I Become One Molten Body

A desolate silver grass field. As the wind blew, the dried silver grass of summer collided with each other and wept lowly. It wouldn't be strange at all if a demon jumped out of it.

Kieek, kieek, kieeek!! Moreover, the birds chirped loudly because they were perturbed that an intruder had appeared near their nest.

'Whew, why would you bring me to such a place where you can just kill me without making a lot of noise?'

Wouldn't it have been better to be eaten by those monster crocodiles earlier? No, no, no.

Gerard was a human, so we could still communicate. Shall I talk to him? I looked up a bit, but the atmosphere didn't seem like it.

'Seriously, what kind of romance is this intrigue in my life?'

Ha...

First of all, I had no choice but to remain immobile. I was clutching Gerard's body tightly like frozen winter laundry. Because the cool night wind rapidly cooled my body. My fingertips and toes were frozen and numb.

"How long are you going to stay like this?"

'Did his long-unheard and forgotten voice always sound like this?' His voice wrapped around me as coolly as dry ice.

"Oh, my. What should I do? I ran across the sky all wet so my hands and feet froze and won't fall off."

I pretended to try hard to get my hands and feet off. Actually, it wasn't a lie. My hands and feet were frozen. I was just clinging to his body like a quick-frozen squid to survive. To get out of this crisis. My arms and legs trembled from how much force I applied. Gerard, who couldn't stand it, frowned and shouted.

"Get down!"

'Oh my, so kind.' I dug into his armpit as if I couldn't hear him.

It was a matter of the future. It wasn't just my future. The future of Gerard, the future of Alfred, the future of the Empire, and the future of Theodor.

"Sinclair."

"Honey."

I looked up at him with the expression of the most delicate and pitiful woman in the world. Yet, his green eyes shone as coldly as a million-year-old glacier. My chin trembled.

'Is it because of the cold? Or is it because of fear?'

"Wife."

"I want to get down, but as you can see, my body is stiff. I apologize for what happened in the library earlier."

I blurred my last words, pretending to be as vulnerable as possible. Gerard frowned.

"That's not it."

'I can't believe he was such a cold-hearted character '

Phew, then I'm willing. I let go of the hand that hugged him, and then I let go of my legs. But as I was standing, my body was already crumbling.

Thud. I just fell on my rear. My tailbone hurt terribly. Tears that had been piling up flowed down my cheeks and fell to the ground. The pain wasn't the problem. My arms and legs were so stiff that I couldn't stretch them out.

I knew it was cold but it was too cold. My whole body trembled like an aspen tree. Unknowingly, I crossed my arms and stuck them on my chest. It was necessary to reduce the area of ​​the body in contact with the wind as much as possible.

"Why are you trembling like this?"

'Are you hiding something?' I pretended to ignore the hidden meaning of his words.