Chapter 26: No, Ma'am!

Chapter 26 – No, Ma'am!

"Isn't this a plant from the Demon World?"

"Ah..."

I see... I uncovered the reason why herbs were not used in food. But after finding such good herbs I wouldn't be able to eat food again!

"Will I ever be punished for eating this?"

"It's not like that."

"Is it toxic?"

"It's not really poisonous."

"I see."

The corners of my mouth rose spontaneously. Good, good. Discovering ingredients to cook deliciously. It was a loss to not use ingredients that will appeal to your taste buds instead of spices because of your preconceived notions.

"Oh, and about Theo. The only reason why Theo's meals management were so strict is because there had been an assassination attempt using poison before, right?"

I questioned indifferently and looked at the two with my face covered with the teacup. Schumann's finger on his thigh tapped the hem of his pants as if thinking hard, and Ellie braced her waist with an embarrassed expression and straightened her posture.

'Does that mean it's hard to tell me the truth?' But those expressions and gestures mean that indeed, there was an assassination attempt. Damn cruel Imperialists.

Well, I didn't intend to talk about past poisoning attempts. I placed the teacup on the table and spoke indifferently.

"I don't believe in the saying that eating poison builds tolerance in our body."

"...?"

"As long as poison enters, our organs will inevitably be damaged."

"..."

A suspicious look appeared in Schumann's eyes. Ellie leaned down and waited for my next word.

"I suspect Theo may have liver or kidney damage. Usually, when poisoning occurs, don't the liver and kidneys, which are responsible for detoxification, fail first? I think that's why he's a picky eater."

"It is certainly true."

"According to the records of the laundry maid, he often has accidents while sleeping."

This time healer Schumann answered.

"Yes, his kidneys are a little weak."

"So, I want to create a diet that will reinforce him. And, I'm curious, why couldn't he recover with your skills as a healer?"

"Ah... I'm sorry, I didn't think about it as deeply as Her Highness the Grand Duchess did."

"Your job is healing, not perfect recovery."

At those words, Schumann bit his lower lip as if his pride had been hurt a little.

Oh no. I didn't mean to offend you. I just want to discuss Theo's health problems."

"Not at all. I'll try a little harder. In fact, I should have paid close attention to that part. Thank you for giving me a challenge."

Why are you saying that? Could it be that Theodor was poisoned and has a palate problem? I was curious about a lot of these things. No. First, let's start with delicious food. Kids eat it all the time if it tastes good.

My Minor was the basics of food and nutrition, and it was the moment to apply those studies to my life almost 10 years after graduating. Of course, I wanted to pass the entrance exam and obtain a certificate for Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Western food in the Department of Food and Nutrition, so I slept less all through college, ate only triangular kimbap and bowl noodles, and cut down on mealtime. Even so, I barely managed to get Korean and Western food licenses. And for Japanese food, I reached the level of my favorite ramen and sushi, and Chinese food was to the level of mimicking zha jiang mian,* sweet and sour pork, and chili shrimp. The time has come for my closeted certificates to shine! Save the Empire, save Alfred, and save me!