Chapter 17: There's Something About Her

Chapter 17 – There's Something About Her

"Despicable Tyrant!"

Gerard was stunned by Sinclair's accusation.

After the accession of the current Emperor Herace, he executed all inhabitants of the Demon Realm living in the Viatria Empire and burned books related to the Demon Realm and magic.

It was called book burning.*

After that, all those who possessed these books were put to death, and their families or clans were sold into slavery.

'Was it Sinclair who summoned the mist of the Demon Realm last night?'

Since her mere presence unraveled the library's magic, she might be able to use that kind of magic.

But Gerard quickly shook his head. That mist took over her mind and even threatened her life.

'However, how was the barrier broken?'

No magic or practice related to it were allowed in the Empire. Even wizards and witches were expelled from the Empire.

She was a pure-blooded daughter. Of course, it shouldn't have been possible to break the barrier.

[tl/n: pureblood meaning she's 100% human lmao]

'But... what if you want to tear me down?'

The small suspicions he had were spreading like a wildfire.

Okay. If you mean to hide it, I'd have to just dig it out.

Gerard looked at the forbidden books she was reading and asked as if reprimanding her.

"What were you trying to do with all this?"

"Th- that..."

Sinclair couldn't help but stutter.

'How would I describe an ion water purifier in this era?'

"I wanted to make it."

"...?"

"Clean water."

"Water?"

"Theodor's... "

"Theodor?"

"Because Theodor drinks wine."

"What's wrong with that?"

Gerard put the book down on the desk as if he couldn't understand it.

"Because wine harms children's health."

Gerard thought she was making fun of him. In his world, it was natural to drink wine instead of water, so he couldn't think of anything else.

"Isn't that a lame excuse?"

Gerard placed his hand on the table and leaned his upper body deep toward Sinclair.

Sinclair unexpectedly pulled back as he dug in.

"So why did you push Molli like that earlier? Because of wine?"

Only then did Sinclair understand why he was so angry.

'It's because of her.'

She didn't realize it was a good thing. Because she thought that there was no need for a deep relationship since her main plan was to make Theodor good, break the curse and leave this place.

"Because I will take care of everything about Theo!"

"Remove your hand!"

Sinclair's eyes widened, she opened her mouth,