Chapter 33: Did You Go To See Him Again?

Chapter 33 – Did You Go To See Him Again?

Oh, I'm screwed.

Kennes' escape route was darker than expected, so I couldn't see anything. The entrance closed and I stood blankly for a while. As the cold chill touched my skin, it felt like I was rubbing against the cool, slippery skin of a reptile, and my spine shivered.

Whishh~ The cool wind rang into the cave, beating through my eardrums to the cochlea. My hair stood up.

In addition, from the hard stone floor as if standing on an Arctic glacier, cold air like dry ice slowly came up and wrapped around my ankle.

'Ah, Empress Kennes! How terrified were you of Theodor, to rely on a string rope on the wall and run in this insidious darkness like the belly of the devil?'

I guess I'm not that desperate yet, I can't move! My legs trembled. I wanted to go back.

Research, analysis, or whatever, should I just go back to Shlezen Castle? My weakened heart hardened when I remembered Theodor. I had to protect him from any threat of poisoning.

'You should only give him plenty of love under solid protection.'

'Ahm, I can't sit here. If you leave it to that book-smart Gerard, who only knows about books and swords, you will only get the same result as the book.'

I may have no other choice but to die from the greed and wickedness of my parents. But I can't be torn to death by the devil in a quiet way as they please.

First, like Empress Kennes, I found the rope. According to the book, a long string was hung on the wall of the escape route, and if you follow it even in the dark, you will reach an exit. I felt goosebumps because the wall was slippery like snake scales when I touched it, but I couldn't help it. I mustered my courage and traced the wall where the rope was supposed to be. A moment later,

Squish~

This slender existence that makes the hairs all over the body stand up is undoubtedly–!

A worm. Maybe a centipede.

"Kyaaak!"

I ran forward, frantically shaking my hand that had touched the bug. It felt like cold dead hands were coming out of the hard floor and gripping my legs. No, what if you step on a corpse or a rat and fall? Maybe a monster lives there. Imagination nurtured fear, and in an instant, fear wrapped around me like a vine, squeezing my chest and making it impossible to breathe.

"Ahhhhhk!!"

My voice resounded on the escape route. Besides, the sound of my shoes. My eardrums withstood echoes of screams and sounds exceeding 100 dB, and my legs sped up like cars running on the autobahn. The damp wind hit my face.

Pang.

Puck.

Ugh...

I bumped into a huge exit and hit my buttocks.

Ah...

A moan issued from my mouth. My whole body tingled. I ran at full speed, so it was normal if there was a break or bruise somewhere.

'Thank you for being strong, my body.' Then,

Hiiing- Kwen!

Behind me, I could hear the cries of insidious ghosts that had missed me. My heart was pounding in surprise. I had to run away. I jumped up and looked for the latch on the door with my eyes slightly accustomed to the darkness. There was a spring mechanism at the end of the clasp. I pulled the latch to the side and the door opened like in a book. Blinded by the intense light coming through the open door, I raised my arms and closed my eyes. After a while, when I opened my eyes and got used to the light, I couldn't help but marvel.